Chapter 1

Louis laid across the couch in his flat with a heating pad under his back, one hand holding a book and the other rested on his baby bump. He was now five months along and lived on his own in a small flat, that was just perfect. It had one bedroom, a guest room (soon to be a nursery), kitchen, and a small living room. A grin stretched across his lips as he could feel his baby boy kicking in his tummy, readjusting his glasses on his head as he flipped through another page in 'The Great Gatsby'.

Louis was interrupted when he heard a knock at the door, placing his book face down on the couch before standing and walking toward the door. He wasn't pleased when he opened the door to see Harry Styles standing on the other side.

Harry sighed as he ran a hand through his hair, tapping his foot anxiously. "Erm. Yeah. Can you tell your fucking friends to stop sending me death threats?" He snapped, shoving the phone at him, his eyes unable to stay off his stomach. That was his baby. But Harry wasn't ready for any kind of commitment. Nope. Wasn't ready to be tied down by a child.

Louis raised an eyebrow, looking down at the phone with a shrug as he scrolled through all the messages from Liam and Niall, his two friends. They were helping Louis through his pregnancy, and honestly? Louis wishes he was pregnant by one of the two. But instead? The dickhead standing at his doorway was the father to his child.

"That's not my problem." He shrugged, handing the phone back to Harry politely, attempting to shut the door, but catching Harry's boot instead.

"Do something about it!" Harry hissed, glaring at Louis through the doorway.

Louis looked up at him with a raised eyebrow, reaching out and grabbing his phone. "Want me to do something about it? Ok." He said softly, throwing his phone to the ground, stomping on it until the screen shattered. "There. That settled that. No more death threats." Louis said with a roll of his eyes, shutting and locking the door, wincing at Harry's scream.

"You fucking idiot!!! You owe me a new phone you pregnant fag!!" Harry shouted, kicking the door in, breaking the door off its handle.

Louis swallowed thickly as he wrapped an arm around his stomach, his eyes filling with tears.

Harry stormed up to Louis, shoving him against the wall forcefully. "Who the hell do you think you are?" He hissed.

Louis gasped and wrapped his arms around his stomach, crying softly. "P-Please stop! D-Don't hurt him!" He cried and Harry froze. Absolutely froze dead in his tracks. Those were the exact words he had once said to his own father on countless nights as he abused him. Both physically and sexually.

Louis cried even harder as he ran up the stairs quickly, locking himself in his bedroom, sitting on the edge of the bed, rubbing over his stomach gently, sniffling softly. "I-I won't let h-him hurt you." He whispered, rubbing at his eyes gently as he reached over, grabbing his phone and calling Liam quickly.

"L-Liam? I-I need y-you to co-come over. H-He's here a-and h-he almost h-hurt him.." Louis cried, burying his face in the pillow.

Liam frowned as he grabbed his car keys. "I'll be right there Lou." He said softly, before he hung up.

Harry swallowed thickly as he hadn't moved an inch, looking down at his hands with wide eyes. "What have I done?" He whispered, sliding back against the wall, burying his face in his knees. Harry had almost hurt his baby. Almost. He was turning just like his father. The one person he didn't want to be anything like.

Harry took a shaky breath as he went out the back door to the small shed, grabbing a tool box, beginning to fix the door. Once he had, he grabbed his jacket, slipping it on, getting ready to leave only to become face to face with Liam.