Chapter 5

Gemma took a seat in the rocking chair, biting her lip nervously as she dialed the number that she presumed was Louis' number. She had never even met the guy so how would this go? The line continued to ring until she finally heard a voice. One she believed was Louis. 

"Harry, I already told you. I'm living with Liam." The voice said softly. Now Gemma was confused. Who the hell was Liam?

"Erm…hi. I'm Gemma? Harry's sister? You must be Louis." Gemma said softly, sitting up a bit straighter, clearing her throat. "If you don't mind me asking, why aren't you coming to live with Harry?" 

Louis' eyes widened as he sat on the couch of Liam's house, chewing on his lower lip harshly. "Hi Gemma, I am Louis." He repeated dumbly, confused at why she would be calling him. "I just…I feel safer with Liam I guess." Louis admitted, rubbing over his swollen stomach.

"Why wouldn't you feel safe with Haz? I mean, I know he's not had such a great life and can be an absolute dickhead at times, but he would never intentionally hurt either you or the baby." 

Louis frowned and swallowed down the lump in his throat. "He has a temper like a branch Gemma. He snaps easily. That's scary and I don't want my baby to be brought up in that sort of environment. What if he snapped when the baby cries at night? If he done something to the baby, I would never be able to forgive myself. I have to make sure he is protected at all times."

Gemma knew Louis was right about his temper, but she also did know that Harry would never intentionally hurt the baby. "Can you meet me at the small cafe? The one on main street?" She asked softly, not really wanting to spill all their past secrets over the phone.

Louis nodded, carefully standing up and holding his stomach carefully. "Yeah. I'll be there soon." 

 Gemma smiled and nodded, standing up. "Oh and just in case I get there before you do, I'm wearing a faded green shirt and I have a beanie on."

Louis smiled slightly as he grabbed his jacket, making his way outside. "Alright. I'll see you there." He said softly before he hung up.

Gemma put the phone down as she stood up, grabbing her jacket. She decided to check on Harry because he was clearly upset about the whole ordeal. But who wouldn't be? 

"Haz? I'm going out." Gemma whispered as she walked into the room, frowning as she saw Harry bundled up underneath the blankets.

Harry had fallen asleep with dry tear tracks along his cheek, clinging to the blanket tightly.

Gemma frowned as she walked over to him, kissing his temple gently, pushing his hair off his forehead. "Things are gonna work out baby bro." She whispered before she turned around, going outside. 

~~~

Louis actually got to the cafe first, anxiously waiting for Gemma to come. Why did she want to meet him? Was she going to tie him up and force him to live with Harry? Anything was possible. Louis sighed out softly as he nibbled on his muffin, taking a quick sip of his tea when he heard the bell of the front door ring, signaling someone either came in or left. But standing in the doorway was who he presumed to be Gemma. Based on the description she gave him. 

Gemma smiled as she walked over to the only pregnant male in the cafe, pursing her lips together. "Louis?"

Louis smiled as he carefully stood up, offering her his hand. "One and only."