Chapter 23

The car ride to the hospital was definitely one that Harry would never forget any time soon. Niall was driving down the highway like a manic, Gemma was trying to soothe Louis to make him feel better while Harry was scared shitless. For several reasons actually. One, Louis was in pain and he couldn't make it better. He was actually the cause of all his pain. Two, he was terrified that Liam would make an unwelcome appearance. Three, his son was getting ready to make his appearance and Harry was starting to doubt himself. He couldn't be a father, could he?

"Remember, take deep breaths and stay calm. Jackson is not coming right this minute. This is just the start." Gemma said softly, reaching down and holding his hand securely, pushing his hair off his forehead.

Louis scrunched his face up, shaking his head quickly. "I can't do this. I-I'm not ready to be a dad!" He whimpered, reaching down and holding his stomach securely, his bottom lip trembling.

Harry looked over at Louis and wrapped his arm around his waist, pulling him into his side. "It's a bit too late for that." He murmured, pressing his face against his hair. "Everything will be okay though, yeah?" Harry whispered, pulling back to look down at him.

Louis looked up at him, taking a deep breath. "You won't leave me again, will you?" He asked shakily, resting his head on his shoulder. Who could blame Louis for asking him that? If Harry left when Louis told him he was pregnant, Louis was scared shitless that he would do the same when Jackson actually got here.

Harry shook his head as he offered him his pinky. "I pinky swear, I'll never leave you or our little boy." He whispered, a knowing smile on his face.

Louis smiled shakily as he hooked their pinkies together, leaning up and pressing their lips together. "I love you." He whispered, staying close to him.

Harry's eyes widened slightly as he heard him say the famous three words, a large smile growing on his lips. "I love you too." He whispered, pulling back. Harry leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to his stomach. "Daddy loves you too."

~~~

Nearly 17 hours later, Louis was prepped for a c-section. The doctors worked around Louis, getting everything prepped for the surgery that would change their life forever. Gemma and Niall were outside in the waiting room. Harry was dressed in his scrubs, holding Louis' hand tightly. "This is happening Lou. We're gonna be parents." He breathed, kissing the back of his hand once the doctors got started.

Louis glanced up at Harry and nodded, taking a deep breath. "Are you ready?" He asked softly, biting his lip.

Harry shook his head quickly. "No." He whispered honestly, laughing quietly as he looked down at him, pushing his hair off his face. "But as long as I have you by my side, we can raise a damn good kid." Harry murmured, smiling as he looked down at him, biting his lip nervously. "Okay, I just feel like I need to get this off my chest." He whispered, taking a deep breath. "I'm sorry. I am so so so sorry for walking out on you when you first told me. I'm sorry that I broke your heart and I'm sorry I put you through all this pain. But I just want you to know that I'm here now and I'm never gonna hurt either of you anymore. You and our little boy are the most important in my life and I'll spend the rest of my life proving it to you." Harry rambled, licking over his lips nervously. "I promise to be the best that I can be for the both of you. And I promise to always be the reason for your smile and never your tears." He whispered, frowning when he saw tears streaming down Louis' face. "Are they hurting you? Can you feel that?" Harry asked quickly, not wanting Louis in any sort of pain despite the situation.

Louis shook his head quickly, taking a shaky breath. "You just lied to me." He whispered, sniffling as he wiped away his tears. "You were the reason for my tears." Louis murmured, glancing up at him. "But they were happy tears." He whispered with a small smile.

Harry smiled as he leaned down, kissing his lips gently. "I love you." He whispered, squeezing his hand gently.

Louis grinned as he kissed him, pulling back when he heard that all too familiar sound. A loud scream filled the room, along with cheers of congratulations. "Oh my god." Louis whispered, clasping a hand over his mouth.

Harry looked up when he heard the cries, his own eyes filling with tears. Jackson was here. He had a little boy. His son. He was a dad now. And even if Jackson was all bloody and covered in goo, he never saw anything so beautiful in his life. Harry swallowed thickly as the nurse handed him a pair of scissors, suspecting he wanted to cut the cord. He furrowed his eyebrows as he cut the cord, watching as they took Jackson away to clean him up. Harry looked down at Louis, kissing his lips gently. "I am so so so so proud of you Louis. Can I..?" He asked, wanting to go see him.

Louis sniffled but nodded as he looked up at him. "Take plenty of pictures please." He whispered, smiling widely as he watched Harry scamper off to be with Jackson.

Harry looked down at the squirming baby, a fond smile growing on his face. "Hey, Hey...shh..you're okay. Daddy's here.." He whispered, reaching down and grabbing his tiny hand, squeezing gently. "You're here and I'm never gonna let nothing bad ever happen to you." Harry promised, leaning down and kissing his temple.

The nurse smiled as she walked over to him. "6 lbs, 11 oz. 10 fingers, 10 toes. You've got a perfectly fine baby." She said softly, swaddling the whimpering boy up in a blanket before offering him to Harry.

Harry gasped slightly as he held his son for the first time, silent tears streaming down his face. "Hi Jack. I'm your daddy." He whispered, holding him close, kissing his forehead. Harry turned around, walking over to Louis who was getting stitched back together. "Lou, someone wants to meet you." He whispered, sitting beside him.

Louis looked over at Jackson, a soft sob escaping his lips. "My baby. My beautiful little baby." He whispered, reaching out and stroking his cheek. "Harry, we're parents now. We have a baby." Louis whispered, smiling shakily as he held Jackson's hand, the small boy sound asleep.

Harry grinned as he looked down at Jackson, nodding. "We have a baby." He whispered, holding his small son close. "I'm a dad." Harry breathed, looking down at Jackson, trying to memorize every little detail of his new son.

Jackson was just perfect.

Jackson Paul Styles-Tomlinson

March 12, 2015

(Jackson is finally here! I can't believe how far this story has gotten, you are just all amazing (: I will definitely update again possibly later tonight but tomorrow at the latest. I just felt like Jackson's birth didn't need any drama, but trust me. Drama is near...(; Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote, comment and follow! Thanks lovelies!xxx)