Chapter 4

"Lou, you know this is a terrible idea. He's just going to use you." Liam mumbled, shaking his head as he looked over at the pregnant boy, sighing out softly. This was ridiculous to Liam. Harry absolutely destroyed Louis when he left him. And honestly? Liam hated the guy.

Louis sighed as he leaned against the wall, rubbing over his swollen stomach. "He's not a bad guy."

"He left you when you told him you were pregnant."

"Li..." Louis murmured, glancing over at Liam. Harry wasn't a bad guy. Louis knew that for a fact. Before Louis became pregnant, Harry was the perfect boyfriend. They went out on dates whenever they weren't busy with their studies, and shared plenty of cuddles and kisses. Harry treated him like a king. Louis thought he loved him. Almost.

"You know, he probably just thinks he's got a free fuck now." Liam mumbled, glancing over at Louis as he stacked the few boxes he did have in the corner.

Louis shook his head as he looked over at him. "I'm not that. I am my own person, not a sex toy. He is doing this because he cares for the baby and I." He stated matter of factly, walking over to the boxes, labeling them with his sharpie.

"He doesn't care about you. If he really did, he would have never left you in the first place." Liam pointed out, sighing as he turned to face Louis. "I just don't want you to make a rash decision that you'll regret later." He said honestly, reaching out and placing his hands on his stomach, smiling when he felt the baby kick. "See? He agrees with me."

Louis shook his head and smiled slightly, placing his hands over Liam's. "No, he's ready to go."

Liam pouted as he looked over at him. "Lou, please don't do this." He whispered.

"What else am I supposed to do then?" Louis asked quietly, pulling back slightly, looking down at his stomach.

Liam looked at him and sighed, before his eyes lit up with an idea. "Move in with me."

~~~

"Haz, he's gonna love this. I'm proud of you baby bro." Gemma grinned as she looked over at Harry, hanging the decorations up. Harry had decided to put a nursery up so everything would be ready by the time Louis got there. And of course he needed Gemma's help.

Harry glanced over at her and smiled as he nodded, stocking the dresser full of everything their little boy would need. "What if he doesn't like the colors? Or the clothes? Gemmaaaa..." He whined, walking over to her and hugging her tightly from behind.

Gemma laughed and squirmed. "Get off me, you goof!" They had always been close. Super close. Sure, most brothers and sisters where close. But their bond? Unbreakable.

Harry grinned as pulled back, looking around the room with a soft sigh. "I think he'll like this. Oh! And I have every single odd food that he might be craving downstairs! In the cabinets, and the refrigerator." He rambled, nodding to himself as he looked down at the crib. "Gem, he'll be here in a few months. I felt him kick! I wonder if he's named him yet? I'm gonna be a dad soon." Harry breathed, puffing out his cheeks.

Gemma cooed as she walked over to him, rubbing his back gently. "And I'm gonna be an aunt! You're gonna be an amazing daddy Haz.." She smiled, leaning over to kiss his cheek.

Harry sighed as he looked down at the crib, nodding slowly. "I really do hope so." He whispered, nearly jumping out of his skin when his phone went off.

Gemma laughed as she grabbed the phone, wiggling her eyebrows when she saw it was Louis. "Baby mama!" She called out, Harry groaning as he snatched the phone out of her hand. "Go away!"

Harry grinned, kissing her cheek before he answered the phone. "Hey. You here yet?"

Louis chewed on his lower lip harshly and sighed as he held his stomach. "I'm sorry Harry, but I'm not coming. I'm going to stay with Liam."

Harry's eyes widened as he stood up a bit straighter, looking around the nursery. "What? Just for the night or something?"

Louis glanced over at Liam, pursing his lips together. "Until a few months after the baby is born. Until I can get back on my feet and support the baby and myself." He rushed out before he hung the phone up, squeezing his eyes shut.

Harry stared at the wall blankly before he put the phone down, tears swelling in his eyes. What the hell just happened? Was Louis going to keep the baby away from him for good?

"When is Lou co-" Gemma stopped midway when she saw Harry, frowning deeply. "Harry? What's wrong? What happened?" She whispered, rushing over to him and hugging him tightly.

Harry licked over his dry lips, shaking his head. "H-He's not.." He whispered, reaching up and wiping at his eyes hastily as he turned around. "It's alright. I-I wouldn't want me to be a-a daddy anyway. L-Liam can do better.." Harry laughed bitterly, making his way to the door. "But I-I can't be in here."

Gemma frowned and followed behind him, grabbing his hand. "Harry.." She whispered before hugging him gently.

Harry shook his head as he squirmed out of her arms, making his way into his own bedroom. He just needed to be alone right now. What the hell was he supposed to do with the nursery? It was just going to be a haunting memory of what might have been.

Louis whimpered as he put his phone up, clasping his hands together in his lap as he say in the passenger side of Liam's car. "Li, I'm doing the right thing, right?"

Liam nodded as he looked over at him. "Of course you are. You know I'll take care of both you and the baby." He whispered, reaching over and placing his hand on his knee.

Louis sighed as he rested his head against the window, watching the familiar surroundings pass. "But maybe Harry could have done that." He mumbled.

Liam shook his head as he looked over at him. "You don't need maybe Louis. You need assurance. And you know I can do that for you both. I've been here all along." Louis rubbed at his eyes, nodding slowly in agreement.

Gemma frowned as she watched Harry, turning to look back in the nursery. She bit her lip when she saw his phone lying on the changing pad, slowly walking towards it. Gemma had to fix this. Harry did all of this just for Louis and the baby. He didn't have to either. But he did because he cared for them both. Gemma picked his phone up, scoffing at the passcode. 0201. She went under his most recent calls, dialing Louis' number. Just hopefully he would answer.

((It's been ages since I last updated this! Sorry it's short! Will definitely be posting more soon! Vote, comment and share! Thanks lovelies!xx))