Chapter 3

Harry's eyes widened slightly when he felt Louis nuzzle into his side, a warm smile growing on his face. Louis fit into his side perfectly. Almost like two puzzle pieces. And Harry couldn't help but to wonder if things were just meant to be like this...

Harry bit down on his bottom lip gently, his arm instinctively wrapped around his waist, guiding him towards his bedroom. "What's going on? What was Liam talking about?" Harry asked in a soft voice, shutting and locking the door behind them for privacy.

Louis frowned and pulled away from him slowly, sitting on the edge of the bed, both arms wrapped around his swollen tummy protectively. "I'm just struggling a bit. But who isn't?" He said with a dry laugh, shrugging his shoulders while looking up at Harry.

Liam frowned as he listened from outside the door, not trusting Harry with Louis one bit. He had his hand on the doorknob, ready to charge in if Harry tried to hurt Louis or the baby.

Harry frowned as he crouched down in front of him, pursing his lips together. "Everyone's struggling." He agreed, placing a hand on his knee, squeezing gently for assurance. "Are you working?"

Louis pursed his lips in a tense straight line, rubbing over his baby bump carefully before he slowly shook his head. "N-No.." He whispered, his voice shaky as he screwed his eyes shut.

Harry looked up at him worriedly, sighing softly. "Then how are you getting money to get food or anything like that? What about for the baby?" He asked, simply out of curiosity.

Louis' bottom lip trembled and he shook his head, clasping a hand over his mouth as he looked down at Harry, his eyes filling with tears.

Harry frowned, sitting on the edge of the bed and pulling Louis into his lap, cradling him like a baby. "Hey. Talk to me, yeah?" He whispered, kissing the top of his head gently.

Louis whimpered and clung to his shirt tightly, burying his face in his neck, sighing out shakily. "I'm not i-in Uni anymore. I had to m-make decisions. Baby or s-school. I-I don't have a job b-because I'm pregnant. L-Liam takes me out every n-night just to make sure I-I eat because I-I have to pay the bills over food." He whispered shakily.

Harry listened with wide eyes, guilt settling in the pit of his stomach. He swallowed down the lump in his throat, holding him tighter. "You're gonna be alright love." Harry said softly, nuzzling his face in his hair, his mind racing. He had two good paying jobs. Harry went to work at the bakery in the morning, classes at noon and then he went to work with his uncle in the mechanic shop. And he had a two bedroom flat that was his own.

Louis whimpered and nuzzled into his chest. "I-I want to t-take care of h-him, b-but I just c-can't.." He murmured.

Harry frowned and moved his hand to cup Louis' cheek, but he felt something as he moved his hand. "What was that?" He murmured, looking down at Louis.

Louis smiled wetly as he gently took Harry's hand, placing his hand on his stomach where the baby was kicking. "You feel that?"

Harry's eyes were nearly as wide as saucers as he felt the baby kick. His baby. Their baby. "Oh my god.." He whispered and it was like that tiny little flutter from beneath his hand, in Louis' stomach, kicked some sense into him. This was his baby and he was going to be in its life. It needed him. They both did. "Louis?" Harry whispered, keeping his hand over his stomach.

Louis smiled slightly as he looked up at him, biting his bottom lip gently. "Yeah?" He asked softly.

Harry looked down at him and raised an eyebrow. "Will you let me take care of you? You and the baby?" He whispered, looking down at him with complete seriousness. "I've gotten sturdy jobs, we can have a little nursery a-and everything. I don't expect nothing in return, just let me help you both. Will you move in with me?" Harry rushed out, looking down at him, kissing his forehead gently. "The stress can't be good for the baby." He whispered softly.

Louis gasped softly at the proposition, dainty hands moving to rest on Harry's chest. "R-Really?" He asked quietly, hiding his face in his neck.

Harry held him close, nodding as he nuzzled his face in his hair. "Really. Pinky promise." He whispered, holding out his pinky.

Louis looked at Harry's pinky, letting out a soft laugh as he hooked his pinky around Harry's. "O-Okay.." He whispered, looking up at him. "Okay." Louis repeated, nodding his head.