Chapter 27

Adrien's  POV:

   I blinked twice.

  It just dawned on me it had been a week since everything went downhill for me.

  I recalled how I sold the ring.

 It was a good thing since it only reminded me of pain.

The pain of rejected love.

Adrien's  POV:

 I had a sudden flashback of what happened the day I handed it over to the buyer.

 I was not sure what brought it on, but here it was just the same.

"Adrien's  Flashback..."

 "Turtle, you here?" I called out as I arrived at the meeting place.

  The place where we agreed to meet.

 I was concerned that he had forgotten to show up.

 It had been exactly thirty minutes past the time he said he was coming. Did he forget already? Did something come up?  Did something happen where he was unable to come? All sorts of crazy thoughts went through my head right about now.

   "Yo, dude, nice to see you, man!"  I heard a familiar voice say.

    I looked up to see Nino standing there with a smug look on his face.

    "Nino, what brings you here?" I asked.

   "Oh, about that well, you see, I am the turtle who bought the ring you posted for sale."

     "You bought it?  But I thought that..." I trailed off.

   "You thought it was a stranger to purchase it. I assure you I bought it."

     I  watched in amazement as Nino pulled out his checkbook and handed me the check written out for the amount agreed upon. I was flabbergasted.   My best friend bought the ring.  I wondered what he wanted it for anyways.

     "I see you are shocked. Well, I was a first too when you posted it. However, I figured I could do you this small favor and solve my problem at the same time."  Nino said.

      I shrugged my shoulders. I had no idea what he was going about now. 

     I could tell Nino saw my confusion on my face.

    "Man, I needed a ring to give to my girl, Alya.  Buddy, you happened to have one, so voila, problem solved!"  

       I  left as soon as I handed him the ring box with the sparkly diamond in place of the money. It was just so odd. The whole thing was unreal. 

     How was I supposed to congratulate Nino on his proposal plans with Alya when the only reason I sold the thing was that my engagement plans went south?

              I wimped out and went home.

   "End of  Adrien's  Flashback..."      

    Adrien's  POV:

    I felt bad that I had not spoken to Nino since then.

   Sure, I might have texted him, but I did not speak to him in person.

     Maybe Chole was right, and I was a loser.

      Was this why she left me for Luka?  Was that it, or was it something else?

        I wished Marinette did have to be dragged down along with the rest of us.

           Find out more in Chapter 28

         bye, bye little owlets!

          -Summer out!