Chapter 47

Marinette's POV:

   I was glad Ladybug was able to cheer up Chat.

    I blushed when I recalled that Chat offered to send me a cake.

     A birthday cake from Chat, wow.

      I heard the bell ring a few minutes later and grinned when I opened the box.

     Inside were a few slices of chocolate cake with chocolate raspberry icing my favorite.

     How did he know what kind of icing I like?

     I do not remember telling him about the icing.

      The baby is asleep, so I am not neglecting her.

  Chat frowned.

"  Ladybug, I  am sure you are a splendid mother."

"Do get some rest because you must be rather tired."

        I smiled at the messages he sent me.

         I  hoped  Chat and I could meet in person, but the idea made me nervous.

     What if he decided he did not like the real me?

     Why should Chat waste time with me?

 I am a  single mother, but I am sure there are other girls with no children he could go out with.

       I  checked on her again. Sure enough, she was asleep. My little bundle of joy, Alyno Mari Dupain-Cheng, was precious. I had not given her Luka's last name because she did not deserve it, not when he left us.

     Perhaps, one day, I would find love again, be remarried, and Alyno Mari's stepfather and I would have children who would be her half sisters and half brothers to grow up with.

   "Chat, how did you know I like chocolate with raspberry icing?"

    "Uh, I guessed."  I laughed at his reply. He was honest.

       I lay on the sofa and soon fell asleep. I was awakened later when my baby woke up. 

      I did not mind. I fed her, burped her, and changed my daughter's diaper. I smiled as I held her and thought about what Chat had said.

     "No one should be alone on their birthday."

      I am not alone, I thought, not anymore, because I have my child, and that is enough for me.

     Okay, so it is not.

    I was happy that someday my baby would meet the man who made me feel special and wanted after her father had left me.No correction after her father had left us.

    I  sent a charity group a few dollars because I knew it would help them. Being a single mom did not mean I was cold-hearted. 

Til  Chapter 48

bye-bye, little owlets!

Summer out!