Chapter 45

Alya's POV:

 I noticed I had a missed call from Nino.

  He had betrayed Marinete, and l  was furious.

 How could he do such a thing to my best friend?

   She had not told Luka about the baby on purpose.

      I missed Nino.

      I loved him.

   Why was love so complicated?

      I texted him to tell him that I wanted to take him back.

       I put the ring back on my finger.

     Sorry, Marinette, I can not give up on love, I thought.

         I texted  Marinette to let her know I decided to give Nino another chance.

         I smiled when she texted me back to say she had already forgiven Nino.

        It was just like Marinette to be understanding enough to forgive him.

    Marinette, Nino, and I had been friends for a long time.

           Nino assured me his buddy, Adrien, could cheer Marinette up and that he was Chat Noir.

     Goodness, that girl had been through a lot these past five years and more recently.

    I frowned when I read, "Chole sent me a package today and was so thoughtful, but didn't she break up with her boyfriend recently?"

         I texted her back, "Yes, she is the one who broke the heart of Nino's best friend."

         "Strange, is not it that Chat Noir and Adrien should be single like me and Ladybug."

         "Girl, you better be careful not to mention ladybugs."

         "Why not?   Chat seems to like me."

          "Tsk, tsk, girl, I know you are happy to have Chat as a friend, but you need to calm down."

            "You are right, Alya."

              I smiled because at least she had not mentioned Luka all day.

For once, she only said something about Chat Noir.

    It was only a matter of time before she discovered that Chat was Adrien's screen name in the online chat.

              I  shook my head.

     I could not tell Marinette that Adrien was Chat because  I had sworn to Nino I would not tell her, and besides, Adrien was too kind to mess with his life.

               I know Chole had torn him up, but  I was surprised Marinette was not miffed about the package because she had taken Luka from her.

         Chole had gotten her just desserts.

The snake had entered the chat once more and broken off all ties with the bee.

     Ha, how ironic the names those two chose.

   A  bee for Chole and a snake for Luka because Chole stings like a bee, and Luka slithers into a girl's life like a snake. 

          Too many lives had been ruined thanks to the love triangle between Luka and Chole vs. Luka and Marinette. Luka had divorced Marinette. The very mother of his child, and he had ditched her. The nerve of that $#&#^! 

           I sighed in defeat. Why could not Luka have realized how great Marinette was for him?

          Then again, at least Marinette was happy with her friend, Chat Noir. I only hoped that when the time came for her and Adrien to meet, Marinette would not be disappointed.

          Adrien was a model who later turned to another business. Nino only said it suited Adrien better, but not what the job involved.

          I was a hopeless romantic who hoped  Adrien would sweep Marinette off her feet just as Nino had done to me.

        Perhaps, one day, those two would get married.   If not, I only hoped Marinette's heart would be intact. I could not handle more of her being torn in two and tearing herself down. 

    She had asked me, "Am I an ugly, unlikeable, and unloveable person?"

     I told her, "No, of course not, Marinette, you are a kind, lovely, and amazing girl."

  "It is not your fault, Luka, could not see it. I know a man is somewhere out there who will appreciate you for you."

     Chat had sent Marinette flowers. Well, perhaps he was off to a good start.

  the story continues in Chapter 46

til then, bye-bye, little owlets!

Summer out!