Chapter 40

Adrien's POV:

        I got a text from Nino claiming the wedding was off.

       I was shocked. What happened? I thought everything was good between him and Alya.

    "Dude, that is too bad." I texted back.

   Nino texts..."It is my fault I told something personal about Alya's best friend. It was meant to remain a secret."

  Adrien text..."Then, why would you share it?"

 Nino text..."I did not know it would be bad. I was only trying to help."

Adrien did not know what Nino was going on about but he did know it sounded like Alya and her friend were offended. Alya even decided to call off the wedding.

   I  shook my head. No, it could not be...could it?

   I did not dare ask. It was not my place to know.

Besides, the ladybug was not ready for a reveal yet so I must respect her.

 I could not ask if Marinette was her because that might make her afraid of me.

Besides, she did not know I was Chat.

  I sighed.

 Why did Ladybug and Marinette seem so similar?

  Marinette was recently single and Ladybug was too.

   I sighed. How was I to get close to ladybug when I still worried for this Marinette who I did not even know?

 What was wrong with me?

    I  do hope Ladybug could use all the baby stuff. I hoped it was not too much.

 I mean it was not like I knew her taste in style.

  Come to think of it, I was amazed Ladybug told me she had a baby. She said I was the only one who knew other than her best friend who she is and the best friend's boyfriend.

    I felt honored to know her secret. I would not tell a soul. Not if it meant losing her friendship.

   "Ladybug...take care of yourself and that baby of yours." I texted as Chat Noir of course.

    "Sure thing, Chat Noir..."Ladybug texted back.

      "Is the baby as beautiful as the mother?"...Chat Noir texted.

     "I am not sure, but she is cute."  Ladybug sent back...

      "Awe, so you have a daughter." Chat text

    "Yes, I do." Ladybug text

I felt a strange need to protect Marinette, Ladybug, Ladybug's daughter, and anyone else who was close to them.

    I sighed.

   I wished I could hear her voice. I longed to hold her close.

   "Wh-what?" I muttered. I shook my head. How could I feel this way? I had not even met her in real life yet.

      I  blushed.

     Perhaps I was a man who was desperate for love after what happened with Chole. Yes, that must be it.

      I went to work for a bit then came back home.

     Upon my return, I saw this message from Ladybug.

....Chat Noir... I am afraid. What if he comes for my child? The father I mean, because he knows. He sent me a blanket. I am so scared. I could not bear it if he took her from me. 

  I gasped.

  I knew then that I was right. Ladybug might not be Marinette but she did not wish to have her husband know about the baby.  No wonder she felt as if she needed me to know.

  I  decided I would do what it took to ensure no harm ever came to her. Not on my watch.

   I would see to it that the baby remained with the mother. Yes, I would.

Til the next chapter, Chapter 41 

bye-bye, little owlets!

Summer out!