Chapter 51

Luka's POV:

       I suppose ditching my wife and then Chole was a bit extreme.

       I  should have never gotten married.

     I never wanted people to think Chole had anything to do with why I left Marinette. I was a jerk, but I  couldn't give Marinette the love way she needed. 

         After I left the hotel, I left the tracking device behind, purchased a new phone, and went to a destination where no one would recognize me. The people at the hotel did not ask any questions because I paid in cash. I used a pseudonym as well. This way, no one would remember me by my real name. 

      I got to enjoy my much-needed vacation without that clingy rat Chole. Ugh, why did she have to be so obsessed with me? I had only gone out with her a few times and agreed to some stupid vacation with her because her friends couldn't go. Even then we stayed in separate rooms and only saw each other at meals, on the beach, and at the museums. Goodness, she was a pest.

      With Chole off my back, I could relax. I could enjoy being a free man.

        I  was not sure if should continue to send child support to my ex or not. It was not like she asked me to.  Besides, I only knew about the kid because that DJ boy from high school days, Nino had blabbed to me about it when he tried to convince me I made a mistake in pushing Marinette away.  I had done that once in the past and wondered why I agreed to date her again in college, let alone propose or marry her. I should have told her to take a hike years ago.  I supposed I tried to make it work because she loved me.  

          Now, it was two months after the divorce was finalized. I hope she moved on from me because I did not want Marinette to avoid men forever like they were a disease just because I was all wrong for her. I also hoped in time Chole would move on as well. Goodness, she did not have to go and ditch Adrien for me. I was not worth it. 

       Good thing, I had deleted the chat account user name and other information tied back to me from my old laptop. Soon after this, it stopped working.  With how old it was there was no surprise there. I had been pleased to buy a new one.

          I held up a glass of fresh pineapple virgin dariquri and smiled as I toasted to myself.  It was time for a start of new beginnings. Some red head walked past and winked at me.  Then, to my annoyance, some guy with red spandex shorts and a Hawaiian shirt sat beside her. The nerve of that girl.  She flirted with me when she had a boyfriend with her.  That was downright rude.

            Who needs her? I was done with women. Yep, this time around I was determined to remain single for the rest of my days.

        Until the next chapter,

       bye-bye, little owlets!

    Summmer out!