EIGHT

Chae Byeol

"Mom, it's not even raining that hard!"

"Yes it is, now just take off your jacket."

It was later that night and I was craving convenience store food. I wanted to go walking but my mom said it was too dangerous.

"I have boots and an umbrella. Just pls let me go!"

"Why do you want to go so bad, is my cooking that bad?"

"You're cooking is amazing, but you look too tired to cook right now and convenience store food is amazing! It's a win-win situation."

She looked like she was thinking hard. I got on my knees and hugged her legs.

"Fine, but get me a strawberry milk."

I got up immediately and kissed my mom on the cheek.

"Thank you!! I love you!"

I ran towards the door and opened up the umbrella.

What a wonderful day to walk.

I decided to stop by a 7-Eleven to get my food. I was walking up when I saw a girl with a green and white shirt being cornered by some men.

I walked closer when I heard the conversation.

"I just had to bump into an ugly cow."

The other two men laughed at his comment.

If men have anything, it's the audacity.

The girl was just there looking down, getting soaked. I came up to her, putting my umbrella over the both of us.

"Are you okay?"

The girl looked up at me. Her face looked shocked for some reason.

She seemed familiar but I just couldn't pin point it.

"Why is a beauty like yourself helping that ugly cow?"

The main guy tried to flirt. He looked way older than me and still moved up to me.

"Sir, just want to let you know I am underage so I will call the cops on you if you don't back up right now. And who would want a jerk like you! You ugly piece of s-"

The girl next to me tugged my shirt trying to stop me. I decided to cut it there. I had to get home in one piece.

I just turned my head walking away with the girl. Once we were far enough, I stopped.

"Are you okay?"

I asked.

"Yea, thanks for back there?"

"Of course, men are trash. Us girls got to stick together."

She laughed. Wait it sounded familiar. I looked closer to her face and it hit me.