THIRTEEN

Chae Byeol

We found a cafe outside the theater. I sat down at a table outside while he ordered drinks.

I started to get anxious.

I just have to be like 'Hey Seojun, I have terminal illness that can kill me, I don't even know if I can make it to my 30's but I am fine.'

"I sound ridiculous"

I exhaled and put my head in my hands. Seojun came up to the table with the drinks. He had an ice tea while I had a boba milk tea.

He remembered....

"We'll you tell me first."

Seojun looked at me and my wrist.

"I think it's best if you tell me first."

"Why--"

"Just trust me, please."

"Fine, well I don't actually know why I am involved with Jugyeong. All I know is that Sooho is always happy when she is around and I hate seeing him happy. After what he did to Seyeon, he shouldn't be able to smile like that."

I stared at him in disbelief.

"Why are you so mean to him?"

"You're on his side?"

"I am on nobody's side, but what happened is the past. There is no point in staying mad at him."

"HE COULD'VE-"

His voice raised but he cut himself off because he realized he was too loud.

"He could've saved Seyeon. He ignored his calls that night. If he picked up, we wouldn't be like this."

I didn't have the energy to fight with him. He was going to continue this until he got his way.

"Well, your story sounds so petty compared to mines."

I laughed out.

"Okay well explain your thing."

I breathed in.

"Well, I went to the doctors the other day and he said I was sick.....like terminally sick."

He looked at me with wide eyes.

"I have a heart illness where if I get really excited/nervous or doing any intense physical activity my heart will give out."

He looked scared.

Great. This is just what I feared.

"I'm sorry to dump this on you."

I looked down at my drink.

"Are you okay?"

Seojun asked. I looked back up at him.