NINE

Kang Soojin

I was looking at Byeol, trying to see what she was panicking about. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head and fell back. I caught her body before she could injure herself.

I shook her shoulders trying to wake her up.

"Byeol, Byeol please wake up!"

She wasn't budging. Then I noticed......

she wasn't breathing.

"Oh my god"

I didn't know what to do. I went on top of her, to try to resuscitate her. The classes around me were empty so no one else could help me.

Thankfully Mr.Han was walking by and saw Byeol passed out. He came running up, panicking.

"W-What happened?"

"She passed out and stopped breathing. I am trying to get her heart pumping."

"I'll go get the nurse."

He ran off as I continued to put pump her chest.

She suddenly jolted up, breathing hard. But she fell back with her eyes closed. She was breathing though.

"Oh thank god."

I sighed as I got off her and sat down on the floor.

I could've lost her.

I shook my head at the thought. Byeol and I used to be super close. She knew about my dad and always offered for me to hang out at my house.

My dad thought she was okay, she was a praised student but he thought friends were a waste of time. After she left, he told me to stop contacting her. I listened to him since I knew how he was.

I am just glad she wasn't mad at me. She seemed to be too busy in her mind to be mad at people.

I don't know how she did it with Seyeon. She stayed strong and never cried much. I worry for her, I know she never dealt with everything that happened.

I was cut off from my thoughts when the nurse and Mr. Han came to us, running.

"The ambulance is on it's way. Is she breathing?"

The nurse asked as she checked on Byeol.

"Yea, I resuscitated her."

"Where did you learn how to do that?"

Mr.Han asked.

"My mom made me learn just incase."

The nurse asked us to help bring her to the nurse's office.

I looked around and noticed there was no students at all.

Atleast no one saw, I know Byeol would hate people asking her if she was okay when she got back.

We brought her to the office and laid her down on the bed.

I made sure she was breathing still.