THIRTY_TWO

CHAE BYEOL

As much as I wanted to sleep, they made us participate in events. Soojin was luckily able to get out of it, she said she was having 'lady problems' even though she was lying. I was going to join her but the teachers didn't believe me.

There was a MC named Jae Rong, he was dressed in this bright pink suit. He was explaining the newspaper game.

"I want you to gather in a group of four."

He yelled and everyone ran around to find a group. I looked around and saw Tae-Hoon, Soo-ah, and Sooho. I assumed were one group. Tae-Hoon grabbed Jugyeong and brought her the group. I was about to speak but Tae-Hoon backed away dramatically saying for us to leave him. Soo-ah brought him back but we just looked between each other to see who had to leave.

"Come on."

Seojun's voice interrupted us. He grabbed on to Jugyeong and brought her to his group. Today just felt like constant punches to my stomach and I hated it.

I breathed out to calm myself down. I didn't need to get worked up and pass out again.

The student oooh'd as they say Seojun and Jugyeong together. MC Jae Reong started to explain the rules.

We all huddled together, I put my arms around Sooho and Soo-ah to keep my balance. They all did the same to make sure we didn't fall off the newspaper. Groups started falling all around us.

I looked at Sooho and saw him staring. I followed his stare and of course it led up to Seojun's group, who was still standind. I pressed on his foot and he looked to me.

"You need to smile more."

I said under my breath. We broke apart once the 5 seconds passed. We were one of the three groups who passed. The MC has us fold the paper again, making it even smaller.

I heard Sooho suck in his breath harshly, I looked and him and saw what he was looking at. Seojun had picked up Jugyeong. I saw Sooho run towards him but I held him back.

"Don't, it's just a game."

I pleaded and he went back to his previous position.

"Soo-ah get on."

Tae-Hoon said and Soo-ah jumped on his back. Sooho looked towards me and I read his face clearly.

"Sooho no, I rather n-"

He cut me off by picking me up, I immediately hooked my arm around his neck so I wouldn't fall.

"We are winning this game."

He said, a mix of anger and frustration in his eyes.

"Glad to see you so passionate."

I patted his chest. The MC started to count down and Cho-Rong's team start to wobble and ended up falling down. Leaving us and Seojun's team. I turned to look and them and immediately regretted it. I leaned my head in Sooho's chest so I didn't see Jugyeong and Seojun.

"The teams that fails this time will be the loser.I want the guys to raise one leg."

The MC spoke so we could already end this game. Tae-Hoon started to complain while Sooho did it with no problem. I could see Tae-Hoon start to wobble.