Chapter 10

Narrated

In KZN

***** the following day the whole family woke up and got refreshed and ready to pay damages to the Hlope family. Manqoba, Muzi and Manqoba's cousin Jabu were going. They left the house at 8am and went to the Hlope household. They were let in when they arrived. They got in and waited for the chief. The chief came down and was taken back by the Dhlaminis. He sat down on his throne and they exchanged greetings.****

Hlope: Dlamini to what do I owe this pleasure?

Manqoba: we are here to report a cultural crime

Hlope: crime. Who is the criminal

Jabu: our boy Muzi is

Hlope: okay and what did he do

Manqoba: he deflowered one of your daugters.

**** Hlope looked at Muzi with deadly eyes and then looked back at Manqoba****

Hlope: askies (excuse me)

Jabu: Zanele is pregnant

Hlope: haiibo Dlamini

**** he took out his phone and called his wives and told them to bring Zanele with. They all came down after a few minutes. There was tea and cookies on the coffee table but no one touched a thing. They exchanged greetings with the women and Zanele. The first wife Gugu sat down almost next to her husband and the second wife Ayanda sat down next to Zah on a 2 seater couch.****

Gugu: what is wrong baba that has us being called down here

Hlope: The Dlaminis have come to report a crime that has been done by their son and our daughter

**** the women looked at the Dlaminis. They stared back. Muzi kept his face on the floor.****

Gugu: which is?

Hlope: I think Zanele should talk

**** they all looked at her. She looked down****

Hlope: Zanele!

**** she swallowed hard then opened her mouth but no sound came out.****

Ayanda: Zanele baby what is wrong?

Zah: mama i'm sorry.

Ayanda: what is wrong?

Zah: i'm pregnant

Gugu: haiibo

**** her mouth hung. Ayanda just kept her eyes fixed at her daughter. The chief was looking at his daughter. Actually everyone was.****

Ayanda: you! Why did you do this huh

**** she asked pointing at Muzi. He looked at her and kept quiet.****

Zah: ma we did it together

Gugu: yah neh. Ngasho wena Ayanda ngathi lendodakazi yakho isile shame (I told you Ayanda that your daughter is no good)

Ayanda: please leave my daughter alone Gugu

Gugu: leave my sons too hauw and focus on your daughter who has shamed our family name. Now the Hlope name will be dragged on the mud because of this daughter of yours

**** The Dlaminis were watching and thinking about how they run the kingdom if there's a circus. Zah was crying. Her father was watching****

Ayanda: you are no better nx. She made a mistake

Gugu: mistake. Hehe did you hear her she didn't even say she was raped. She said " we did it together" that's no mistake. She opened her legs for him and let him take her virginity. Uzo shada bani (who is she going to marry)