Chapter 62

Sani

**** I wake up and go straight to the bathroom. I vomited again. I think I should go visit a doctor because I am definitely sick. This happens every morning, I vomit and not only that, Nhlaka's perfume makes me nauseous too. I did my business and when I was done I took a quick shower then got dressed in a long dress and a head wrap. Today aunt Khethiwe is getting married, well they are paying lobola for her. Tomorrow is valentine's day and I don't know what to do for Nhlaka. I went out the room and went downstairs. I greeted everyone and had breakfast. After eating Nhlaka came down and planted a kiss on my cheeks.****

Me: hey

Nhlaka: hey

Me: how are you?

Nhlaka: fine. I'm just horny

Me: Haiibo Nhlaka

Nhlaka: I'll be quick I swear

Ma: Nhlaka we are needed in the throne room

Nhlaka: okay. Come

Me: me

Nhlaka: yes

****I followed him to a room down the passage. There were a few chairs, the throne and straw mats. Women sat on the mats and the men sat on chairs. The king, Queen and Nkazi sat on the throne chairs. I stood by the entrance and saw a snake on the king's throne. I looked at it and started breathing heavily. ***

Fikile: Yeyi Ntombi you don't look at the King like that

Samke: what is she even doing here

Nhlaka: Sani are you fine

****the snake got down the throne and approached me. It was a black cobra snake. I swear this thing is poisonous. It passed between the women and non of them looked scared. I went back.****

Nhlaka: Sani what's wrong

Me: there's a snake!

****everyone looked around. They looked at me as if I was crazy****

Nhlaka: baby where is that snake

Me: between Aunt Fikile and aunt Samkele

****they both jumped and looked around*****

Fikile: iyahlanya lentombi(this girl is crazy)

****the snake lifted its head and looked at me. I stepped back and let out a tear. It started moving again making its way to me.****

Ma: describe it

Me: it's black and big, tooo big. It's even looking at me. Are you guys witches because non of you can see it. Can you?

****I asked looking at Nhlaka and he shook his head****

Me: yhiiii yhiiii Nhlaka!

King: calm down Ntombi

Me: calm down! Calm down!

King: it's an.....

****someone wearing beaded jwellary looking scary entered the room. It suddenly became quiet. The snake also turned to him. He nodded to it and then it made its way to me even faster. I ran and it followed me*****

Man: Dlamini, Jama ka Sjadu, Fakade, Lusibakhulu!

****the snake looked at me one more time. By this time I was on the wall and it was near my leg. It turned around and went back to the kings throne.****

King: what you saw was the ancestral snake. It only reveals itself when it approves a girl. Meaning you are Nhlaka's chosen one. The ancestors have long approved you.