Chapter 45

3 days later (Saturday)

Nhlaka

*****today is Saturday the day if the burial. We arrived here 7am and have been treated like kings and queens, Mxm what am I saying, we are royalty anyway. Black was the only dominating colour here. We went to the tent to start the ceremony. To be honest I heard nothing. I saw that the people were talking and making speeches and I heard non of them. At 10 am we went to the cemetery and she was laid to rest. Nompilo and her mothers cries tore my heart. Later on the funeral was over and people gathered at the Thwala household and had food. I didn't feel hungry. After they ate. We stayed for a while then decided to go back home. We got home around dinner time and ate. Well I was forced to eat so I just ate. After eating I went to sleep with my princess.*****

The following day

****I felt someone play with my face. I opened one eye and it was Thando. I opened the other one and she smiled. Her smile is beautiful, reminds me of Deli when she smiled. I got off and put her on the floor. I made the bed then bathed her. After that I took her to my parents room****

Dad: and then

Me: stay with her for now. I need to bath

Dad: Nhlaka take her to Khethiwe

Me: why

Dad: haii mahn

*****I laughed at him and took her to aunt Khethiwe's room. She gladly welcomed her in her room. I went back to mine and bathed. After that I went downstairs to have breakfast. I ate and also fed Thando who was too energetic. After feeding her she and Mthoko disappeared.*****

Nathi: Nhlaka mahn do you need a therapist

Me: no

Nathi: if you say so

Zee: Hayi mahn Nkazi khipa lengane yakho. Ngikhathele mina(take out this child of yours. I am tired)

Nkazi: mara baby

Zee: take him out!

****they both entered the kitchen. Zinhle looked so annoyed and Nkazi was definitely walking on egg shells. Zanele also came in and sat on a chair.****

Zah: when is Muzi coming back?

Me: He didn't say

Zah: I don't understand this. Actually I am tired of this

Zee: what?

Zah: I am a married woman right? Now why should I stay here while my husband is in Joburg. I mean I can go live with him there right

Zee: that's a good question. Why vele?

Me: don't look at me, I'm not married

Nkazi: I'll buy you a house if that's what you want

Zee: really

Nkazi: yes

Zee: yessssss

****she leaped in joy and hugged her man. Nathi and I looked at each other, wasn't she just angry like 2 minutes ago?. Women I'll never understand this gender****

Zah: I wish Muzi would take me with, because here I am, being a housewife and taking care of Mthoko and watching cows and pigs all day. It's boring

Nathi: find a job

Zah: yes that's what I am planning to do, but not here, in Joburg maybe

Zee: where are we going to live?

Nkazi: Durban

Zee: that's perfect. La Lucia right

Nkazi: that's also okay