Chapter 65

Saturday

Sani

***** I have told my family about the pregnancy and they had received a letter from the Dlamini's and they accepted it meaning today they are paying lobola for me. I was seated with Tintswalo, Nkatkeo and Appreciate. I was wearing a Xitsonga dress with different colors and white all star sbeakers with a matching head wrap on top. The door opened and aunt Sharon came in. It's been a while since we saw this one.****

Sharon: Sani they are calling you. Come

****I wore the blanket and went to the sitting room. I sat down on the floor. Uncle Godson asked me if I knew the people. I took a sneak peek and saw Nhlaka's father. I nodded my head then I was told to leave. I walked back to the room with the help of Sharon. After a while ululations were heard, meaning the negotiations went well. The door opened Silvia and other aunts came in. They told me that I should respect my in laws, what not to do and all that****

Aunt Tawanda: Sani now that you are a married woman you must behave differently

Aunt Hazel: yes you must carry yourself with respect and dignity because whatever you do out there, people will be looking at the Dlamini household and ours. You've never disappointed us and we hope that that doesn't change

Aunt Akani: yes baby and remember to always give your husband sex no matter how tired you are. You must give it to him on a silver platter or else....

****I kept nodding my head, even though some of the things they said were just utter nonsense****

Silvia: go dish up for your husband then your in laws

Aunt Akani: remember to down on your knees

****I nodded. We all left the room. I dished up food for Nhlaka. I went outside and looked for him using my eyes. I spotted him under the biggest tree in the yard seated with his brothers and Luhle, Thato's boyfriend. I went to them with the tray in my hand. I kneeled down in front of him and gave him his food. The huge smirk on his face was pissing me off because here I was on my knees for him****

Nathi: hauw hauw makoti

Nhlaka: she could be kneeling for other reasons but since we're here I'll let it slide

****I chuckled and his brothers laughed. I stood up and got the others their food followed by Nkatkeo. Then we went to serve the king and queen with the aunts and uncles. After that I dished up my own food and sat next to my husband. Hmmmm the sound of that.****

Nhlaka: umuhle mama(you're beautiful)

Me: thank you

Nathi: auw Mrs Dlamini

Me: yes sir

****everyone laughed. Tswalo and Muzi kept stealing glances at one another. The wives joined us and now it was tense between Tswalo and Muzi****

Nhlaka: do you need anything baby

Me: no thank you.

****I gathered their plates and took them to the stoep where they will be washed. Tswalo and I got a dish of drinks and went around serving groups. We took the last one to the guys.****

Zah: this side is hot hey

Muzi: very.

****Tswalo kept looking AT Muzi and Zanele with a broken heart.****

Me: drinks are served.

Nhlaka: come let's go

Me: where to?