Chapter 49

6 months later

Sani

***** it's December now and I am back home in Limpopo. After the incident with Zoe, I never saw her again and as for my father, well he never came to see me and I also never saw him ever since. I have been living with Nhlaka in his apartment. I call it his because it's under his name, but he calls it ours because we live together. Aunt Silvia thinks I live with Tswalo because she doesn't understand this cohabitating thing. Phile is getting married next week in Rusterburg so I'll leave for Joburg in 4 days so the following day we can go to the wedding. I am a bridesmaid by the way.****

Themba: Sani

Me: hmmm

****I said looking at him. He has grown real quick. Adiola, Vutomi's baby girl was also here and she's 2 years old. She's Ahh well cute I guess. Vutomi has transformed the house into a big family house. I have my own room now, so does Nkatkeo and Aunt Sharon. It also has 3 spare bedrooms and a double garage, which has Muhluri's car he bought a toyota corolla.****

Themba: Adi anga lavi ku tlanga na mina( Adi doesn't want to play with me)

Me: Adi!

Adi: heeeh

Me: play with him. Themba go

****he happily ran to her and they ran after one another.****

Nkateko: where is your mind at

Me: nowhere. When are you finishing school?

Nkateko: next year. I can't wait

Me: that's nice baby girl

Vutomi: Sani how is work

Me: it's nice. I enjoy working at the mine honestly

Vutomi: that's nice

Silvia: Yeyi girls come wash the dishes

Vutomi: Nkatkeo go

Nkateko: Haaa mara

Me: you're the last born

****she left.****

Vutomi: me and you barely talk hey. How have you been

Me: fine and you?

***she sighed. She had teary eyes.****

Me: hey what's wrong?

*****I hugged her and she cried. This is the first time I am seeing Vutomi cry. She's the 'I don't care type' and now that something's bothering her I am becoming worried. I let cry till she was satisfied. She wiped her tears and had messed up my t-shirt. I took it off and wore a yellow one.****

Tomi: sorry about that

Me: it's okay what's wrong?

Tomi: Treasure is marrying another woman

****I opened my eyes. She sniffed and wiped her tears again****

Me: what! Why?

Tomi: I don't know. He said he loves the both of us.

Me: you love him neh

Tomi: yes. Sani why is he doing this to me. Am I not worth it I gave him a beautiful daughter but still he does this. Sani I even learnt how to cook and how to cook Nigerian food. I can even tie my own doek now and still he does this.

Me: I am sorry sisi. I really am. So are you agreeing to this

Tomi: I love him Sani, I am going to stay