Chapter 37

Sani

Me: Nhlaka wait. Wait don't go!

Nhlaka: I'm not

*****he dissappeared into thin air. ****

Me: No Nhlaka wait Nhlaka!

Old man: he'll be back but he needs you

Me: me

Old man: yes. Come now and save him before he leaves

Me: what! Nhlaka!

**** the old man also disappeared and I screamed my lungs out. I breathed heavily and woke up. I sat up immediately and breathed thinking of what just happened. I am sure Nhlaka isn't okay where he is. I got out of bed and went to the kitchen bare foot to get a glass of water using a plastic cup. After drinking all the water I put back the cup on the dish rack and went back to sleep.
In the morning I woke up and prayed. I barely do this but today I decided to pray. I stood up after saying amen and made my bed. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Ntando and Tswalo weren't home. I made breakfast for myself and ate. I washed the dishes after that then went to bath. After that I wore a long dress and a cardigan with white all stars. I wore a doek over my head. I also don't know why but this is how I was dressed in my dream and so I just wore the very same outfit. The old scary man in my dream scared me. I don't know whether to look for Nhlaka or stay home and study for my coming examinations.
I decided to pack and leave for KZN. I don't even know where to start. I went to the taxi rank in town and asked for a taxi going to Empangeni. The taxi was almost full. I got in and waited for 20 minutes for it to get full. Finally it drove off
I paid then the taxi filled the gas. I slept on my way and I kept seeing this old man's face telling me time is running out. We arrived at 5. I got out the taxi with my small sports bag and didn't know where to go from here. I asked the taxi driver if he could take me to the Dlamini household.*****

Driver: what do you want there

Me: I need to go there, it's urgent

Driver: hmmm haii lentombi zase goli(these Joburg city girls)

*****he said shaking his head. I got into the taxi and waited for him. He got in too and started it.****

Me: malin(how much?)

Driver: u20 landi nje(just R20)

Me: okay

*****I opened my bag and then searched for my purse. I took out a R20 note and gave it to him. In 15 minutes we were in front of a huge yard with a double storey, cattle, and urgh. This house looked morden and rural at the same time. There were 3 Rondavel houses at the back of the main house. I saw them when passing only to turn and it's the house. I looked at the driver****

Me: is it here?

Driver: yes. This is the Dlamini household

Me: how many Dlaminis are here?

Driver: not many but this 1st preference of the Dlmaini household. Anyone specific you are looking for?

Me: yes. Nhlakanipho Dlamini

Driver: then this is the place

Me: thank you

Driver: is he your boyfriend?

Me: yes

Driver: how old are you?

Me: 19

Driver: you are brave little girl

*****I kept quiet and got out. I shut the door and knocked on the gate. There were guards all over the yard. One came near the gate.****

Me: hello. I am Khensani and I am here for Nhlakanipho Dlamini