Chapter 43

2 days later

Nhlaka

Me: she's finally asleep

Nathi: that's great

Muzi: I am tired

Me: I haven't had sleep for the past 4 days

****I looked at my little princess sleep peacefully in Muzi's arms. We finally found her after searching for 4 full days with no progress. Finally I've found her. We found her in Pinetown where Gadla's sister is. She's been taking care of my baby, not even knowing who the child is for. We had to kill Gadla's son who was the one who kidnapped her.
...... My ringing phone snaps me out of my thoughts. It's an unknown number ****

Me: hello

Person: hello is this Mr Nhlakanipho Dlamini

Me: speaking?

Person: I am Nompilo, Delisile's sister

Me: ohh hey sisi. Tell Deli not to worry. We have found Thando

****she burst out into tears and told her family.****

Me: why are you crying?

Nompilo: please come this side. You can leave Thando with your family.

Me: is everything okay

Nompilo: please come

****I sighed. She dropped the call. Muzi and Nathi were asleep. Nkazi was on the wheel listening to his music. I also closed my eyes.
We arrived home and I woke up Muzi. He carried Thando and we got in. My dad was still awake seated on the couch. He stood up when he saw the little body in Muzi's arms. He kissed her forehead. Muzi took her upstairs to maKhethiwe's room. She'll know what to do when she wakes up. I threw my weight in the couch and looked at my dad.****

Dad: is he dead?

Nkazi: yes

Dad: and the sister?

Nkazi: she may suffer a stroke

Dad: good. You can rest boys

Me: I need to hi to Durban. Delia's family called and it seems like there's something important

Dad: you'll go tomorrow

Me: no I'm going noe

Nathi: I'm coming with you

****I went to my room and freshened up. I wore Grey tracksuit pants and Grey hoodie. I took my car keys, wallet and phone with. Nathi was eating in the kitchen. I joined him and ate 2 slices of bread with margarine and jam. After eating we took off. He drove first and then when he got to Durban I took the wheel. I called Nompilo's number and she answered. *****

Nompilo: hello

Me: where are you?

Nompilo: home

Me: are you asleep?

Nompilo: yes but baba and Bhuti are still awake

Me: okay we are on our way

Nompilo: okay let me inform them

Me: give me 20 minutes and I'll be there

Nompilo: okay

****her voice was scratchy. I went to the Thwala household and found the gate already opened. There were about 7 cars parked. I wonder what's happening. Nathi and I got off and stood outside. Mr Thwala and his son who is Nkazis age got out. We exchanged greetings. ****