Anticipated showdown

Kei thought he was called to kill the spirit Gakunganji planted to kill his friend, Yuji.

But it was something far sinister, bringing horror to both of the boys.

A cursed spirit crept behind a tree and made its presence known soon after, tearing off the head of the other spirit in front of it.

He then looks at us and Kei gets a good look, seeing branches growing out of its own eye sockets and lines running down its entire body.

A large flower bloomed on its left shoulder, greeting itself with big teeth.

Instantly, he recognized it.

Not too long ago, Gojo advised students to be on alert for low profiled curse spirits.

Even though the man was shitty at drawing, the flower was a dead give away.

"Toge, that thing isn't a part of the Kyoto program! We have to tell the seniors now!"

Toge stays planted, trembling from its presence.

Kei looks back at him,

"We need to go NOW!" Kei screams and suddenly both of them are being lifted by roots underneath. The two wobble in place until it stops itself.

The spirit now facing them, comes lunging after the two. They dodge quickly and Kei seethes his cursed energy onto the roots beneath his feet.

"Mind if I borrow this!?" He calls out with a cocky grin before thrusting the roots towards the spirit like a shockwave.

As the spirit jumps up to safety, Kei is quick to use his hands to move the roots on the side upwards, its tendrils pulling it down by its legs.

He slams the monster's body down and the two wait to see if he's moving.

"How dare you! Humans like you taint our beautiful planet!" It screams.

"All I want to do it is save it from more destruction. And look at you, destroying my beautiful progress!"

"Fish flakes.." Toge spat at the monster and Kei looks at it with a passion to exorcise it.

The monster spoke in reverse to them so they couldn't give a damn what the monster tried to say.

It slammed its fists to the ground, causing the platform to tilt on its right side.

Kei was fast to act and tied him and Toge down with his wires imbued with energy.

Toge then zips down his jacket and screams,

"RUN AWAY!"

Kei takes notice and sees Kamo and Megumi sprinting from the tilted roots about to hit the building nearby.

His heart leaped out of fear seeing Megumi in danger and while the monster was distracted moving its entire construction, Kei sneakily wrapped his wires around his arms.

"HEY UGLY!" Kei yells and the spirit looks at him.

Kei puts his pressed fingers to the air,

"Cursed technique: Exploded grasp!"

The monster screeches when his arm without the flower explodes, blood everywhere. The platform stopped moving and Toge and Kei were able to hop off of it to meet with the other two.

"What is going on?" Megumi asked Kei.

"It's that monster Gojo told us about!" Kei exclaims, "He just came out of nowhere."

"What? You sure this isn't a part of the program?!" The Kamo heir asked and Kei rolled his eyes at him.

"Yes, I'm absolutely sure!" He cries out. Suddenly the four turn to see the monster pant, getting up with an arm regenerating itself.