Alone together

An eerie silence overflows the vacant city until wind blows past, making the empty, abandoned cars creak and empty cans stumbles over like a tumbleweed on the freeway.

Kei pulls his legs to his chest and his back rested against the billboard of the empty diner nearby. Nobara sits next to him and looks with a concerned face as he inhales everything he had witnessed or been told of.

After almost two hours, they made it to the culling game arena and it shook him to the core to see their opponents already making their way there. Tsumiki already there, but there were barriers within barriers.

More innocent humans would be dragged into madness once more and Kei scowls at that.

But that's not what he's scared the most.

Nobara informs him everything with their meeting with Tengen and the words he said haunts his mind.

'The game won't end if you kill Fake Getou. It'll only end if...

If...all the players are dead or refuse participation."

All the more reason to add a rule to save everyone from that.

Everything overwhelmed the first year sorcerer. Not only of the games, but of Fake Getou, Kamo, whoever he is! He's apparently a brain who's hopped into the likes of their minds for years and has been playing pretend.

This isn't going to be easy.

"Damn it!" He snapped and kicks the empty can that finally tumble its way towards him. His hands now on both sides of his head, panting slightly.

"I mean, look on the bright side!" She says with her hands out. "We have that Okkotsu Yuta now, you, me. We can do this, Kei."

"Yeah, right...because everything worked out last time." He muttered to himself coldly and thinks of Mahito but she catches that. Instantly, she was offended by it.

She looks at him a bit pissed now,

"Hey, do you really got to be an asshole right now?"

"I have every right to be pessimistic about this. If people died in Shibuya, god knows more will during these stupid game."

"Yeah but it doesn't hurt to try to be a bit optimistic." She says so defeatedly as she rest her head on top of her knees. It pains her to see him this way but soon, he sighs realizing what he's doing.