【Chapter 13】

ஜ۞ஜ

ஜ۞ஜ

*𝐋𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

It was a regular morning when my father summoned me to his office. I was in the middle of music class learning how to use the flute when one of my father's butlers came into the music room to announce my summoning. Thankfully, the class ended there allowing me to go see my father.

I was exhausted by then, I had sword training early in the morning followed by etiquette class. Although I excelled in all those I must say it was rather tiring to do so early in the morning. 

As I was going down the hallway leading towards my father's office the butler that came to fetch me followed close behind, making me feel rather uncomfortable. Once arriving at the door of the office the guards opened the double doors for me and I entered, making sure that my posture was appropriate as to face my father.

Looking around I saw everything the same as the last time I was here, which was two years ago. The walls were plain and the windows were covered by curtains, not even letting in a single ray of sunlight enter the room. Mountains of papers were stacked on the paper as the usual ruffling of paper could be heard.

Hearing the stopping of the quill I looked up towards where my father was as he looked down at me in disdane. His glare made me slightly shrink back as I tried to avoid the cold glare of my father, though its bitterness could still be felt. 

"Sit down boy, I have important news for you." My father announced. Quickly following his orders, I walked over to the seat that was in front of my father's desk and sat down, smoothing over my clothes once he briefly glanced down at his papers.

Waiting for his words that never came, I decided to take the first move. "Yes, father?" I asked him, though he just looked back at me with a harsher glare. "Be patient. You are just like your mother..." My father mumbled, his eyes becoming more hateful. Finally snapping out of his trance he looked over at me. "Listen, we're going to have the daughter of the general come over for you two to get to know each other better. You two will share the same magic mentor for as long as needed as she will come over a few days each week. I expect you to make good connections with her, Lamis." My father declares to me. My eyes immediately lighted up as I smiled at him. "I won't let you down, father." I reassure him, however, he only grunted as he waved me off.

Getting up from the seat I walked towards the door, though before I got out of the suffocating room I turned around towards him and bowed. "May you have a pleasant morning, father." I said to him, though he gave no response as I left the room and walked back to my room to spend the next hour preparing for my meeting with this 'general's daughter'.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ----- •°*"˜.•°*"˜

1 hour has passed since the meeting with my father as I was now dressed appropriately for the meeting with the girl.

Looking over at my figure in the full-body mirror I smiled in approval as someone knocked on the door. "Come in!" I announced as I looked at my look one more time before looking at the person entering my room. It was a young maid who bowed down to me. "Young Master, the guest has arrived and is waiting for you in the guest room." The maid announced to me, quickly I walked over at her and walked outside the room and towards the guest room.

Arriving I saw four guards guarding the guest room outside the room as they took a glance at me and opened the doors as I walked inside. Looking around I didn't see the young girl I was supposed to see as I walked further into the room, only to see a small bundle of hair appear in my vision. 

Looking down I saw the general's daughter sitting there, a polite smile gracing her young features. Smiling down at her she got up and took a bow as I grabbed her hand and bent down to place a kiss on top of it. Expecting to see a flustered facial expression I looked up only to see a disgusted expression cross her features only for it to be gone later on.

"Hello, Lady (Y/N), I am Lamis GrimWald." I introduced myself to her, though she only gave me a small smile in return. "Already know my name, Sir Lamis?" (Y/N) joked, only, I think she did. I chuckled as I looked at her straight in the eyes. "How could I not know you? Everyone learned to know your name ever since you took the magic test." I responded to her, matching her joking tone.

I noticed her making an annoyed look which made me slightly curious. "I suppose so." (Y/N) responded, though her eyes showing little to nothing of any excitement. Deciding to change the subject I did just that as I mentioned her magic prowess though she showed not much enthusiasm for such things.

Deciding that maybe right now would be a good time to actually make a true potential friend I grabbed her hand and lead her towards the guardian to play some games. Going out of the room I looked behind me only to see (Y/N) with a surprised expression and some guards, butlers, and maids quickly following us.

Deciding to speed up my pace I ran faster as I could see the garden doors a few inches away from me. Face-to-face with the glass doors I opened the door as I lead (Y/N) inside. Glancing over at her I saw her face and eyes immediately brighten up as she looked over at the garden in wonder.

"You like the garden?" I asked her, in which she immediately looked back at me with a happy smile. "Do I like it? I love it! It's so well taken care of as you can literally see the life just oozing from this place!" (Y/N) exclaimed happily as our intertwined hands made me follow her when she walked towards some random flowers.

I felt my face heat up as I felt her warm hands comforting my cold ones. I didn't even know what to do at the moment, but (Y/N) rescued me from deciding as she spoke up with a cheerful tone. "Lamis, look! Whats this flower called? It's very pretty!" (Y/N) asked me, which immediately made me snap out of my trace as I looked at the flower on which she was pointing at.

Smiling warmly, I looked over at her. "That's a red Salvia, which means 'forever mine'." I answered her, though she only looked back at the flowers as she gently touched them. Looking at her I could feel my gaze soften as my facial structure become more relaxed.

'Forever mine... for some reason that sounds pretty nice.' I thought to myself only for me to immediately pinch myself to try and snap myself from my thoughts, though it didn't work as I saw (Y/N) turn around towards me with Salvia flower, her smile bright and wide.

"For you, Lamis! Let's be friends!" (Y/N) declared as she handed me the flowers. My face became more heated as I grasped the flowers as I hid my face behind them. "Thank you... and yeah, let's be friends!" I exclaimed. At least I got myself a friend.

(ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ/ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱ!)