【Chapter 32】

ஜ۞ஜ

ஜ۞ஜ

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

The clicking of shoes resounded throughout the deserted hallway as moonlight streamed in from the locked windows, the creamy-white curtains still in place as they blocked out the scenery from outside. Candles were lit, strewed across the painted walls, providing seldom light to the surrounding atmosphere as the only thing that they were favorable with was dramatizing the portraits of their former ancestors, their posture displaying grandeur and authority. Everywhere she went, a painting of one of her departed family members could be seen lingering secretly on the walls, their eyes tracking her every step as she made her way towards her last classes of the day: Science and History.

With her hands lightly clutching the textbooks against her chest, (Y/n) heaved a sigh of weariness as she stopped in her steps, her head moving upwards as her (e/c) eyes scrutinized the recognizable portrait of herself, rising in front of a garden as a pamphlet was held in her left hand with a sword balanced on the ground with her other hand. Her eyes were steely, staring onward as her posture was straight—teemed with honor and sophistication, as no signs of vulnerability could be detected. Staring at the portrait of her for a moment longer (Y/n) glanced away and continued moving forward, the moonlight falling on her form as it highlighted her features—concentrated and delicate.

Pausing in front of the broad double doors (Y/n) tapped on the wooden surface three times, delaying for a few seconds before a mellow voice shouted: "Come in.". Opening one door just a few inches (Y/n) speedily stepped inside, the door closing behind her as she graciously curtseyed in front of her replacement teacher, Sir Jabbar.

Turning his body to face his newly arrived student, Sir Jabbar grinned. "Lady (Y/n), what a pleasure to meet you once more. Please, take a seat anywhere—the class will begin shortly." Bowing her head once more as she rose from her curtsey, (Y/n) responded: "Greetings, teacher. May the clouds and stars protect you." Without a second to lose (Y/n) strolled towards her seat as she set down the stack of records that were stockpiled up against each other on the hulking table, her gloved hands not showing a single crevice as she professionally sat down on the chair, her dress gliding along with her actions as she appeared like a sinking flower petal.

"Now, I hope you remember what both you and I had talked about last time. So, Lady (Y/n); may you please give me a recap?"

"For science, we observed the process of mitosis in an onion. In history, I learned about the birth of our culture and the very beginning of roots-"