【Chapter 24】

ஜ۞ஜ

ஜ۞ஜ

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

"Hello, Abaddon." (Y/N) greeted him, her eyes examining his posture as well as his actions. 'He's really sloppy...' (Y/N) thought, deeming him unable to ever have been from a noble family line. Noticing that she was examining him, Abaddon smirked under his hood. 

"No need to feel wary about me, I'm a good guy." Abaddon reassured her, munching on his chicken leg. Noticing that his legs were placed on top of one another (Y/N) nodded and averted her eyes. "So... you're an assassin or something?" (Y/N) bluntly asked him, taking a sip from her tea. 

Hearing her say this Abaddon froze, though chuckled soon after. "How interesting... tell me more about this wish of yours to use raw magical control." Abaddon asked, averting the question. Hearing this (Y/N) rose her eyebrow. "Why do you wish to avert my question?" (Y/N) questioned, obviously still wary of the random kid. 

"Well, you're also averting my question, so I don't see why I can't do the same." Abaddon answered back, shrugging his shoulder as he placed the chicken leg on one of the empty plates, picking up another one soon after. (Y/N) hummed, "Very well, I'll answer your question only if you answer mine first." (Y/N) suggested, softly placing the teacup down on the white and gold-colored saucer. 

 Abaddon nodded his head, "Okay. Well, I am an assassin, but I'm not here to kill you, torture you, or kidnap you." Abaddon answered her question, going back on his new chicken leg. "I see... then, why are you here?" (Y/N) questioned him once more only to pout when she saw him wave her finger. 

'How cute.' Abaddon mused, his smirk still playing on his lips. "You only said that I had to answer your first question, so don't get too cocky. Now, answer mine." Hearing this (Y/N) sighed, "Fine, then. I wish to be able to utilize raw magical control due to it making me feel more... alive. Like, when I first used it, it was like my blood was rushing faster throughout my body, it felt like I could conquer the world. Though when I used magical swordsmanship I felt bored, unamused, like I was wasting my time." (Y/N) answered his question, looking over to the wall as she remembered two weeks ago when her teacher made her use magical swordsmanship.

Abaddon nodded in understanding, took a teacup, and poured himself some tea. "I'll help you." Abaddon stated, taking a sip of his tea elegantly before placing it down. Looking over at him in shock (Y/N) tilted her head in confusion. "What do you mean, you'll help me?" (Y/N) questioned his motives, obviously becoming more suspicious of the boy.