【Chapter 29】

ஜ۞ஜ

ஜ۞ஜ

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Abdul Omri. A man with an ominous history but with an exquisite face. Very little is known about him from what (Y/n) had been notified of, but from what she has witnessed in the bare time that they had known one another is that, even with a fractured mind, he had a remarkable way of speaking.

Sharp-tongued, quick-witted, proper, and polite; these are the four traits that appeared to be more prominent in first encounters for Abdul with his voice mellow and rich presenting the listener the motion that they were perhaps in the presence of a well-educated free noble. Well, not a noble, but the personal butler of Lady (Y/n)—the daughter of General Luke, the one who commands a hundred thousand men army with a firm grip on the banking world. The lady that has it all.

These thoughts raced in his mind as Abdul stared at himself in the full-body mirror, adjusting his suit as he prepared for his first day as his lady's personal butler. It was presently late three in the morning with the moon still hovering over the sky, pampering the earth with its celestial warmth as some of its light brightened his room along with a smoldering oil lamp that sat on his bedside table, providing seldom light to chase away the darkness in the spacious room.

Taking a deep breath, Abdul marveled at the polished look as he glanced at the uncreased surface of his suit, only to spot a single string of blue that was sticking out amongst the slick surface of his uniform. Drawing out a pair of scissors that he stored in his pocket Abdul cut it from the root, flattening his hand over the now unsullied material as he looked back at himself in the mirror, his grey eyes fiercely scrutinizing himself, making certain that everything was perfect.

Looking away from the mirror as he heard the clock strike four, Abdul took one last glance at himself before strolling away as he clutched the schedule that was delivered to him just last night by another fellow maid who seemed rather frazzled by his existence. At that moment, when Abdul peered down at the chilling maid, he realized on what grounds he was regarded by the other workers in his lady's wing. To others, he was just a nobody who bewitched their lady into employing him in a respected position as her personal butler. Though this was fairly foreseen bad news, Abdul also saw some good news in it as well. This encounter confirmed that Lady (Y/n) was kind to her workers and was seen in a positive light by most others to where they would be bothered by a man being placed in close contact with her for most of her day and nights. It appeared, to him, that his lady was well-liked and adored by the slightly older margin of the household.