【Chapter 28】

ஜ۞ஜ

ஜ۞ஜ

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Abdul Omri...

(Y/n) never spotted such a name being mentioned at least once in the game, as well as his unforgettable face. With the assumption of Abdul not playing a significant role in the game (Y/n) let out a sigh of relief in her heart, delighted to not be handling with another introduced character that she would have to be wary of. Giving Abdul a tender smile (Y/n) motioned for him to take a seat, of which he did obediently.

"Charmed to meet your acquaintance, Sir Omri. It turns out Prince Aysima had given me a curious guest. Well, I have little to no use for you, so until I can procure you a suitable job in a pleasant environment, you are free to prowl the Lionheart manor to your heart's content." Skillfully drawing up a finger sandwich, (Y/n) took a little nibble in order to alleviate her hunger, which she has been holding back for the past few hours. It was ingrained in her mind to never eat over one plate before the scheduled hours when she was to show up in the dining hall to fill her stomach. Though she didn't admire such a rule, (Y/n) mother gave her no room to quarrel. So, she nipped on her finger sandwich with invisible tears rolling down her cheeks.

Whilst (Y/n) was fixated on her hunger, Abdul ogled at the ground with wide eyes, his impassive expression trembling with a complex sentiment as he felt his own mind shatter.

"Pardon me, my lady, but what do you mean?" Looking away from her pitifully miniature finger sandwich (Y/n) looked back over at the wavered male as she quickly detected the slight flicker in his eyes that were lit with bewilderment. "Well, I have no use for you either as a servant or as a guardian. As you have seen, I have many servants that know me well and know how to cater to my every whim thoroughly. I have guards besieging my wing of the manor with no spot left unsupervised. Everything is perfectly shielded and tended for, so why should I wish for more?" Biting into the tender wheat bread (Y/n) held back a moan. Oh, how magnificently formed was this bread! She wondered what the cooks would make for her today? Let it not be fried goose—or Almas caviar. If she were to ingest another bite of either of those, she swore to whatever transported her into the game that she would make them rue the day that they brought her there.

Studying the euphoric expression that his lady conveyed, Abdul couldn't help but feel... lost. Of course, he thought that perhaps such a day like this would arrive when he was notified that he was free, and when it did oh how he would bound over the moon in bliss and celebration and cherish his life for the rest of his tranquil days. To him, this was like a dream come true. Yet he had to remember where he came from. All of his memories were originated in the slave house where he was raised and coached, but he had yet to wholly embrace under the sun's warmth. He had yet to genuinely feel liberation. To become someone's slave was his appointed purpose in life ever since he could recall and for his only known purpose of why he kept on going to suddenly be stripped away from him...