【Chapter 18】

ஜ۞ஜ

ஜ۞ஜ

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

The sun lifted from its slumber and cast its glorious rays onto the earth giving people new hope for the new day. A new day to change things, that is, even for our little heroine who is already sleeping late even though she thought she couldn't sleep yesterday.

Now, let's watch her suffering, shall we?

"Young miss! Please wake up or else we won't have much time to get you ready!" A young maid called out and tightly gripped the glass of warm milk with both hands, eyes showing urgency. (Y/N) groaned and flipped over to the other side. "Go away, I was just about to beat Shaggy." (Y/N) softly murmured, not even lifting an eye to the maids running around trying to get everything ready.

The young maid lifted her eyebrow in confusion and sighed, "Young miss, it's your birthday today." Suddenly the covers that used to be covering the young miss was flung towards the young maid as a figure got out of the bed and ran towards the other maids who were trying to figure out the best wear for the birthday girl leaving the confused maid alone to be swallowed by the blankets, at least they're warm.

The head maid was instructing group number five on how the young miss best likes her bath when she felt something tug on her dress. Looking down she saw the young miss looking up at her with a serious expression that wasn't befitting of someone her age as it made her look like an angry squirrel.

"Young miss, good morning, is there something you need?" The head made asked her and gave (Y/N) a warm smile. (Y/N) nodded, "There is, can I choose my own dress for my birthday?" (Y/N) looked up expectantly making her eyes shine. At the sight of this, the heart of the head maid was pierced by an invisible arrow.

"I-Indeed you may, young miss." The head maid stumbled on her words but eventually recovered her composer. Turning around to face the hard-working maids that were running around she clapped her hands loudly and put on a stern face.

"Everyone! The young miss has awakened!" The head maid announced. The other maids looked up from what they were doing and finally acknowledged the existence of the young miss and bowed. "Good morning, young miss." Everyone said in unison. They all stayed there, bowing, no one moving a muscle. 

(Y/N) cocked her eyebrow and huffed. Looking back up at the head maid she tugged at the hem of her dress again making the head maid look down. "Why are they just staying there, bowing?" (Y/N) asked her making the head maid amused. "They are waiting for your order to continue with their work, young miss." The head maid answered her. Nodding her head (Y/N) let go of her dress and looked back at the others.