【Chapter 19】

ஜ۞ஜ

ஜ۞ஜ

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

"Young miss of the Lionheart clan, (Y/N) Lionheart!" The announcer proclaimed and bowed moving out of the way for the small figure of the Lionheart heir to be noticed. Silence enveloped the ballroom making (Y/N) shy away slightly, though someone came to her rescue. 

Lamis clapped politely and smiled up at her. Both of their eyes met as (Y/N) gave him a small smile back, and soon, everyone else began to politely clap. 

Finally decided to examine the crowd (Y/N) glanced over at the crowd and saw most of them with blushes on their faces making her slightly shy. Did she do all of this?

General Luke frowned and walked over to his daughter and bowed while offering a hand towards (Y/N) to grasp. Smiling gently down at his daughter Luke gave her a wink, "Don't mind them,  my diamond, they're just are weary of you is all." Luke informed her. (Y/N) nodded, "I know, but I just don't care." Luke looked down at her in surprise and smirked. "I know."

Turning towards the large crowd Luke frowned and outstretched his free hand over to the crowd. "Dukes and duchesses, princes and rulers, welcome to my daughter, (Y/N) Lionhearts 9th birthday. Please, relax and enjoy, and I do believe my daughter has something to say to you all." Luke exclaimed and moved away from (Y/N) and to the side. 

(Y/N) gulped and gave them a small smile. "Hello, everyone, as the daughter of General Luke of Oden I would like to wish you all a happy and pleasant time in our estate. Please, relax and enjoy the party." (Y/N) gave them another smile and bowed. 

Walking back over to her father and mother Luke gave her an encouraging smile while Aglaia just nodded at her in approval. (Y/N) nodded happily at them and stood at their side as the guests began to chat amongst themselves. 

Turning towards her mother (Y/N) gazed at her for a while before clearing her throat. "Mother, do you suppose the Emperor and father are going to announce the engagement again?" (Y/N) asked her, though Aglaia didn't turn towards her daughter but stayed inspecting the crowd. 

"I do believe they will. Though your father has not told me about any of this, that doesn't mean it won't happen." Aglaia responded. (Y/N) nodded her head and went back to staring at the colorful display of people who were laughing the most polite of laughs. 

"What do you think about marrying the crown prince, (Y/N)?" Turning her head back around to face her mother (Y/N) cocked an eyebrow. "What do you mean by that, mother?" (Y/N) questioned her while making sure that no one saw them in such a state. 

Aglaia sighed, "I mean, do you wish to even be betrothed to the crown prince? Is this what you wish?" (Y/N) looked back over at the crown prince, Aysima, who was being surrounded by children of the aristocrat society. "No, this is not what I wish to have, but I know it will not last long. Soon he will leave me for another, and when that time arrives I will not care for I would already have a new path of my own making." (Y/N) stated sternly. 

Aglaia chuckled at her response and glanced over at (Y/N) with a fond smile gracing her young features. "You may never know, (Y/N). Sometimes, people surprise others." Aglaia huffed as her eyes narrowed on a group of priests all huddled together talking amongst themselves. 

(Y/N) frowned at the sight of them. Why does Lamis have to follow in his father's footsteps? To live such a boring life while dedicating your life to nothing but lies hidden behind a curtain. 

While she was staring at Lamis he was able to feel the stare and looked up only for both of their eyes meeting. Lamis blushed slightly and waved at her, and (Y/N) did the same, though not the blushing part. "I think you would be better off with Lamis GrimWald. Horrible family though has a nice personality." Aglaia whispered in her ear making (Y/N) jump back slightly and give her mother a startled expression. 

Aglaia chuckled and sat back in her chair with a bored expression while watching everyone else. "You know, my little starlight, I think I will be holding onto the hope of it all just being a couple of years thing for you and prince Aysima's betrothal." Aglaia commented as Lamis was finally out of the grasp of the priests as he walked closer to (Y/N).

"(Y/N), it has been a while! I've heard that you've had been treated rather unkindly by others and even witnessed something unhuman-like. You are quite strong, you know." Lamis praised her making (Y/N) sweatdrop.

"That's one way to put it. Though, I don't think I can call myself strong." (Y/N) smiled at him. Lamis boomed with laughter and whipped away an invisible tear making her confused. "Oh, (Y/N)! Everyone knows that you didn't even see the need of crying at such a moment! You are brave from not crying." Luke stated making (Y/N) frown. 

"Being brave means getting out of your comfort zone, and I didn't do that." (Y/N) yawned and covered her face with her hand making sure she did what she saw others doing during the ball. Lamis smiled affectionately at her, "Though you were still brave, and that's all that matters. Though I didn't come over here for small chit-chat, I can here to give you your birthday present." Lamis smiled making (Y/N) easily surrender. 

Looking down at the gray-colored box (Y/N) glanced over the object with curious eyes. "Can I open it now?" (Y/N) asked him. Lamis nodded his head, "Go ahead, it's yours, not mine." Lamis smiled down at her with the same amusement that he used for when (Y/N) started to act all cute.

(Y/N) nodded her head happily at this and undid the red ribbon and slipped it away and onto the table and opened the gray-colored box only to reveal a small red-colored choker that seemed strangely familiar except for the color. 

"I seem to have been inspired by someone. Please, allow me to put it on." Lamis offered on which (Y/N) happily accepted. 

"What are you doing to my fiancee?"

(ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ/ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱ!)