The Tell-Tale Heart

"you were a bitch when you wanted to be"

Just once Stevie wanted a normal wake up call. But with her family and friends, she would never get one.

Fp had come bounding into Sweet Pea's trailer, informing them that Jughead had given the Pickens head to Hiram Lodge. Basically declaring war with him. Stevie was just glad that her and Sweet Pea managed to put clothes on after their nightly...activities.

Stevie had no idea where Jughead's acts of rebellion were coming from. And to be frank, it was starting to piss her off. It was because of him that the Serpent's were involved in a drag race with the Ghoulies, risking the Wyrm and Sunnyside and herself. He was the reason why Toni even had to do a Pickens day protest because Jughead decided to twist Grandpa Topaz's words. Resulting in Tall Boy becoming Hiram's bitch boy.

She didn't know if he was trying to prove that he could handle Serpent business by himself but she knew it wasn't going to end well.

Stevie could tell something was up with Betty when her and Sweet Pea walked into the student lounge. Betty's face was flushed and she kept fiddling with her fingers. But what it was? She didn't know.

Stevie sat with her feet in Sweet Pea's lap as she listened to her brother and Veronica argue about the eviction notices.

"Are you trying to manage me?" Jughead snapped, looking over at the female Lodge

"Define 'manage'" Veronica replied

"People are going to lose their homes." he explained

"Jughead, why don't you come over with your dad and sit down with my dad and hash this out like civilized humans, face-to-face."

Stevie let out a snort as she sipped her coffee, "As if your dad is a civilized human."

Sweet Pea smacked her thigh but did nothing to hide his grin as Veronica sent the brunette a look.

"Okay, one condition," Jughead started, "your dad comes to Sunnyside Trailer Park."

"That way," Stevie continued, "he can see the people he's gonna be displacing."

"Fine," Veronica agreed, "And trust me, no one is going to be displaced."

"Oh my god!" Kevin rushed into the room, scaring the brunette as she choked on her coffee, "My dad's scanner is blowing up. The police found another dead body this morning, there's blood everywhere."

"Jesus," Stevie grimaced, "That's a wake up call if I've heard one."

"Could the black hood have risen from the grave?" Jughead sighed

"Did they say whose body?" Archie asked

"Where'd they find it?" Betty asked

"The investigation is ongoing but apparently it was gruesome, gangland-style execution at the motel, with blood and brains splattered all over the duvet-"