Brave New World

And here it is! The final chapter of season 2!! This one is very emotional and I definitely teared up writing parts of it.

So enjoy :)

Stevie had been camped out next to Jughead's hospital bed since after the fight with the Ghoulies. FP and Sweet Pea had tried talking her out of fighting but she ignored both of them; having a bunch of anger from the Ghoulies almost killing her brother and Fangs dying.

She sported a black eye, a broken nose, and a busted lip. FP had her get checked out once they got to the hospital and she had a cracked rib from being used as the Ghoulies punching bag. They also patched up her leg.

She held Jughead's hand as she slept in a chair next to his bed, while FP slept in the chair in the corner of the room.

Jughead woke up with a groan. He looked over to the side and saw his dad sleeping in the chair, bruises littered his face. He felt the pressure in his hand and he slowly turned to face his sister. Who looked like shit.

Jughead squeezed her hand, causing his sister to shoot up in the chair, "Oh, thank god."

"You look like shit." He weakly chuckled, groaning at the pain in his chest. Stevie rolled her eyes at the boy, "Speak for yourself."

FP startled awake at the sounds of his kids talking. He pushed out of the chair with a groan, "Jug."

"What'd I miss?" Jughead asked, but it was breathy, most likely due to his cracked ribs and heavily bruised chest.

FP and Stevie filled the boy in about the last 12 hours. Stevie now laid next to her brother on the bed, careful of both of their ribs, twirling his hair around her finger like she did when they were kids.

"What you did brought every Serpent I've ever known out of the woodworks and you would've been proud of them, boy," FP chuckled, "It looked like we were gonna win the day, but in the end, there were just...just too many Ghoulies."

"It was like shooting snakes in a barrel." Stevie mumbled

"Why?" Jughead asked, "why did either of you go?"

"I wanted to avenge you," FP answered, "Both of us."

"I had an agreement with Hiram Lodge." Jughead clarified

"There was no stopping the other," FP said, "They were churned up about you and Fangs."

"Even though Fangs is...He's alive."

Stevie's heart stopped at her fathers words. He let her believe one of her best friends was dead?

"Fangs is alive?" Jughead asked as he and Stevie let out sighs of relief

"But I thought...," Stevie started, "A deputy called you and told you he was dead?"

"Yeah, that was a lie." FP said

"A ploy, you mean," Jughead corrected, "To goad the Serpents into a fight they couldn't win."

"Sunnyside Trailer Park fell," Stevie told her brother, "and our trailer is still standing, most of them burned."

"Jug, after the rumble, some of the Serpents defected, they...they joined the Ghoulies, others were arrested." FP informed Jughead, "more went into hiding, the rest they...they left town."

"The Serpents don't exist anymore." Stevie whispered

"We had our time. Nothing for you to do but get better," FP said, "And to be there for Betty."

"Betty?" Jughead worriedly asked, "What happened to Betty?"

After FP explained to Jughead that Betty and Alice found out that Hal was the Black Hood, Stevie had gone to see Fangs.