The Noose Tightens

"You're my brother

"You're my brother. I'll always have your back."

According to Toni, Cheryl had been missing since the weekend. She had gone to Thistle House to see her and Cheryl's mother had told her she went to a boarding school and didn't know when she'd be back.

While Toni was trying to figure out where Cheryl was, Stevie, FP, and Jughead had gone to see War Baby up in Shankshaw about any intel he had on Hiram Lodge. Hiram was apparently buying out all the major buildings in Riverdale and pushing out all things that could "ruin" Riverdale; including the Serpents.

Hiram was planning on turning Riverdale into a major developing site for rich financial investors.

Stevie didn't know where Hiram was getting all this money from. Wasn't he just in jail for scamming people out of their money?

Class elections were coming up and not only were Archie and Veronica running, but so was Betty and Jughead, along with Josie McCoy and Reggie Mantle. The PTA was holding a Q&A for the election to get a feel on the candidates and Stevie was forced by her brother to attend. So, naturally, she dragged Sweet Pea and Fangs with her. She didn't understand why Jughead was making her go when she was already planning on voting for him but it was nice to hear what he planned on doing for the school.

Stevie sat on Sweet Pea's right and Fangs to his left as they sat in the auditorium for the Q&A. The brunette was slouched in her seat with a bored look on her face as she played with her rings.

"Okay, now, just a reminder," Alice Cooper started, "that this is a PTA sponsored event."

"Looks like we have our first question!"

Sweet Pea had stood up, which caught his girlfriend's attention, causing her to sit up straighter.

"Yeah, no offense to the current administration," he said, meaning whatever he was planning on saying was meant to be totally offensive, "but it doesn't feel like anyone's looking out for the students who are being bused in from the Southside. Is that going to change?"

Stevie was impressed. That was not at all how she was expecting that to go. It was nice that Sweet Pea was still making sure that the kids from the Southside had someone speaking up for them.

"Absolutely, Sweet Pea," Jughead answered, "that's our priority. And no one should feel marginalized or excluded here."

"Too late for that." Stevie mumbled as Sweet Pea sat back down, wrapping his arm around the back of her seat.

"Jughead and I are representing all students, North and Southside alike." Betty added.

Stevie couldn't help but roll her eyes at the blonde. For some reason, Betty thought she was suddenly an expert on what it's like being from the Southside and it was starting to irritate her. Immensely.