"Damnit, String Bean"

"Your head is already as big as it is

"Your head is already as big as it is. No need for your ego to get any bigger."

The thing about Stevie and Sweet Pea, was that they both had to be touching each other in some type of way. You could always find Sweet Pea with his arm around her shoulder but if it wasn't around her shoulder, it was either around her waist or they were holding hands.

When Stevie and Sweet Pea first met their freshman year of Southside High, they couldn't be in the same room with each other for more than five minutes without being at each other's throats; resulting in Fangs having to pull Sweet Pea out of the room and Toni holding Stevie back. Stevie had her mother's gut and her father's temper and it always got the best of her. Resulting in her always getting into fights.

Underneath her tough exterior, was a heartbroken girl. She was absolutely crushed when her mother packed up and left with Jellybean. Not even saying goodbye to either of the other kids. Shortly after that, Fp started drinking heavily, barely being sober and when he was, it changed in a matter of seconds. Jughead left, not being able to see his dad in that state.

That was the only time Toni had ever seen her cry. Besides Toni, Sweet Pea was the only other person to see her cry.

--------------

Stevie was at the Wyrm, playing pool with Fangs the night Fp got arrested. Jughead was off at the winter dance at Riverdale high and Fp was sitting in the trailer.

Stevie was currently handing Fangs' ass to him in their game. Multiple people had told him to not accept her challenge of playing a game with her, but he let his masculinity get the best of him. Stevie was bent over the side of the pool table, lining her stick up in front of the cue ball, aiming to hit her last ball into the pocket.

She pulled her arm back to hit the ball when a kick to the back of her leg, caused her to hit it harder than planned, knocking the eight ball into the pocket, causing her to lose.

"Dammit, String Bean!" Stevie turned to see Sweet Pea with a smirk on his face with a beer in his hand, "I did you a favor. Your head is already big as it is. No need for your ego to get any bigger."

Stevie rolled her eyes at him and dug her hand into her pocket to pull out a 20 dollar bill and slapped in against Fangs chest as she walked by him on her way to the bar. She sat down in front of her pink haired friend, who placed a beer in front of her, "You two just need to make out already."

Stevie had choked on her beer and turned her head to the side to cough. Taking a deep breath in, she turned back to look at Toni, who had amusement written across her face.

"Please. He wishes he would make out with me." Stevie threw Toni a wink, who just shook her head at the girl.

Tall boy had called out for the girl from her dad's office, causing her to down the rest of her beer. If Tall Boy or her dad had caught her drinking, she'd be grounded for life. She threw a few bills on the bar and hopped off the stool, making her way up to her dad's office. Not before she bumped into the pool table, causing Sweet Pea to miss his shot.

She threw him a wink before running up the stairs and into her dad's office, "Sup Gerard."

Usually whenever Stevie would tease her dad's right hand, he would laugh and call her Stephanie but there was no smile nor humor on his face today.

"Sheriff Keller called here asking for you," He started, causing Stevie to look at him in confusion, "He was at your trailer with a search warrant. Fp...he got arrested for the murder of Jason Blossom."

Stevie felt the air leave her lungs and her legs gave out from underneath her. She fell to her knees as tears welled up in her eyes, "No. No. He said he had nothing to do with it."

"They found the gun that was used to shoot the Blossom boy, Stephanie." Tall Boy said in a quiet voice.

She stood up on shaky legs and ran her fingers thru her hair, "I have to go. I need to find Jughead."

Stevie threw the door open and rushed down the steps and ran through everybody, ignoring Fangs and Toni calling out her name.  She rushed out the door and ran over to her bike. She threw her leg over the top of it and tried to start it but it wouldn't budge.

She stood up off her bike and kicked it over, "Dammit!"

She fell to her knees and dropped her head in her hands, letting sobs rip through her body. She sat on the ground so her back was to the wyrm with her knees brought up to her chest, with her arms wrapped around them.

"Stevie?"

She turned her head to see Sweet Pea with her jacket in one of his hands, "What happened?"

"My dad. Sheriff Keller showed up with a warrant. They, uh,...they found the gun that was used to kill Jason Blossom." She cried. Sweet Pea kneeled in front of her and lifted her head up.

He let his eyes wander over. He's never seen her wear makeup, save for mascara and the occasional glitter Toni had roped her into wearing. He noticed her neatly shaped and filled eyebrows, no doubt with the help from Toni. She had plump, rose colored lips with hazel eyes and freckles dancing across her nose and cheeks.

"C'mon. I'll take you home." He told her, grabbing onto both of her hands. She stood up on shaky legs and let him lead her to the truck he borrowed for the night. After making sure she was settled in, Sweet Pea hopped into the driver's seat and made their way to her trailer.

Pulling up next to the trailer, they both got out of the truck and made their way up to the door.

Stevie's heart broke at the police tape that was ripped off the door and a took a step in, pushing the door open the rest of the way. She let out a sob at the sight of her home.

They had torn apart everything. The couch cushions were laid across the floor, the coffee table was upside down, clothes were spewed everywhere.

Sweet Pea placed his hand on her shoulder and she grabbed his hand. They both walked through the kitchen, and over to the bedroom where the mattress was off the box spring and everything from the closet was on the floor.

"Jesus Christ." Sweet Pea mumbled, looking around the room. There was a mixture of Fp's, Jughead's and Stevie's stuff thrown across the room and his heartbroke at the sight in front of him. She had mascara running down her face and her body was shaking as sobs ripped through her body. He pulled the girl into him and she wrapped her arm around his torso.

As long as he's known her, he's only seen her as this tough serpent who has a temper as bad as his. But the girl in front of him, wasn't the Stevie he knew.