Death Proof

"i think it would look better on my floor, with or without a few buttons missing"

For the second day in a row, Stevie had a rude awakening. She let out a groan, pulling the comforter over her head. Sweet Pea let out a chuckle, pulling the blanket off of her head.

"Pea, no." She groaned, reaching around for the comforter. Sweet Pea rolled her over as she opened one eye to look up at her boyfriend. The last few days, Stevie had been spending the night at Sweet Pea's trailer. Mainly because of all the visitors her brother had been having over at theirs lately.

She couldn't help the smile that made its way across her face as she looked up at Sweet Pea. Stevie had noticed she had been smiling a lot more. She wasn't stupid. She knew it had to do with Sweet Pea. The night her dad got arrested, was the night their friendship had changed. Before that night, the two couldn't be in a room with each other for more than five minutes before they were going at each other's throats. Sweet Pea had been her rock through it all.

"Good morning, Princess."

"Morning, handsome."

Sweet Pea leaned down to place a kiss on her mouth but Stevie quickly pulled away, "What are you doing? I haven't brushed my teeth yet."

Sweet Pea shrugged, placing a kiss on her forehead before climbing off the bed, "C'mon. We have school in an hour."

Stevie groaned, rolling back over and taking the blanket with her, "I already know everything unlike some people. I can afford to miss school."

Sweet Pea let out a laugh from inside his closet before he peeked his head out the door, "I know, babe. But I still need you there."

Stevie felt her heart swell at the words, causing her to turn and face her boyfriend; well his closet at least, "You're going soft on me, Noah."

-----------------------

Standing at her locker, Stevie was switching out her text books for the ones she was going to need that day. She felt a presence on the locker next to hers and she turned to see Sweet Pea. Shutting her locker, she leaned on it to face her smirking boyfriend.

"I was wondering where that flannel went."

Stevie looked down at the red and black flannel that she was wearing under her serpent jacket before looking up at him through her lashes, "I think it looks better on me."

Sweet Pea moved so he was standing in front of her, placing his hands on both sides of her head, causing her to look up at him as he smirked down at her, "I think it would look better on my floor. With or without a few buttons missing."

Stevie felt heat rush up to her face as she giggled at his words. Placing a hand on his chest, she trailed her hand down to the top of his belt, "Careful String Bean. I might just take you up on that."