When a Stranger Calls

"quiet old man"

"quiet old man"

Waking up with a groan, Stevie felt  a heavy pressure around her waist. She let a smile make its way across her face as she recalled memories from last night. 

Stevie rolled over to see Sweet Pea on his stomach, with his face buried in the pillow. His usually gelled hair, fell across his forehead and she noticed his hair was actually curly. She noticed the bruise around his eye from the night before and frowned at the sight. His face, which was usually always hard and in a scowl, was relaxed and for once, he looked like a normal teenager. Minus the tattoo on his neck.

She trailed her fingers up his arm, up his shoulder and twirled one of his curly locks around her finger.

"You're staring." He mumbled, opening one eye, shutting it quickly, tightening his grip around her waist as she smiled at him, "Can you blame me? I'm just admiring the view."

Sweet Pea chuckled, pulling Stevie closer to him as he rolled over onto his back. Stevie placed her head on his chest as he trailed his fingers up and down her back. She looked at the alarm clock that was set on his nightstand and noticed they had an hour before they had to get ready for school, so she took this time to ask him what was gonna happen between the two, "Last night was...really great."

"It was," Stevie chuckled, tracing random shapes on his chest, "What does this mean for us?"

It was quiet for a moment and Stevie's heart started racing. She knew she had feelings for the boy. He had been there for her through everything; from when her dad got arrested, and helping her deal with her brother and his best friend. She just didn't know how he felt about her.

"Well, what do you want it to mean?" he asked, playing with her hair. Stevie pondered with her thoughts for a moment. What did she want it to mean?

She sat up, turning to look at Sweet Pea over her shoulder, "I like you. I have for a while. I want us to be more. I just don't know what you want."

Sweet Pea sat up, his back against the wall and ran his fingers through his hair, grabbing her hand with his, before looking up at the girl, "I like you too. I mean, you stick up for what you believe in, you stuck up for the Serpents before you were one.  You don't give a shit about anyone's opinion. You're a blessing in disguise, Stephanie Jones."

Stevie felt tears well up in her eyes and let a smile make its way across her face at the words of the boy before her spoke. She all but threw herself at the boy, connecting their lips together.

"So, does this mean you're my boyfriend now?"

"I'll be whatever you want me to be." He smiled, placing a kiss to the top of her head as she placed her head on his chest, intertwining their fingers together.

----------------

Stevie was sitting at a table outside of Southside High with Sweet Pea standing behind her, Fangs to his right and Toni sat across from her, a few other Serpents gathered around the table.