Ch 22 - Carefree

ABC - present

ABC - past

'abc' - thought / mind link

"ABC" - normal conversation

___________________________________________

Once the brightness dissipates, they look around them and found they're in different place. For a while each adults merely glancing at each other, trying to grasp at the tiniest clues they could have.

"Feel free to move. Wei Ying still need more time before he can show anything." Said Lan WangJi, as he himself relocate to his writing table. Recognizing the guqin on the table, Lan XiChen took in the chamber and its decoration.

At first glance, he thought they were at some random chamber. Upon close up inspection, he finally able to recognise their location. Subtle red or purple that was added to the decoration had nearly made the chamber totally different.

"This ... Are we in ... Jingshi?" asked Lan XiChen in awe. The atmosphere was differ than he used to associate with. Instead of silent and calm, this Jingshi was homely and warm.

"Yes, it look different after Wei Ying and A-Yuan decorate it." confirmed Lan WangJi nonplussed.

"It didn't bother you?"

"Of course not. They do have my permission to decorate it."

"If it's true Wei WuXian have his hand in this place's decor, it's very impressive,"

"You're right, my lord. That rascal always use bold and bright decorative things,"

"I was surprised myself that Lan Clan colour still dominating this chamber's decor."

"You're already spoiling me with my own wardrobes. I'm worried that you won't recognise your own room one day," Wei WuXian's smart comeback made them stare at him dazingly.

"Wardrobes ... What had my brother did with your wardrobes?" Lan XiChen becoming curious.

"My wardrobes hardly can be recognised as something that a Lan would wear,"

"Wei Ying, everyone knows you're married into Lan Clan. Furthermore, they will start making speculation if one day you behave or dress differently."

"Wei WuXian was very well known?"

"Wait a minute ... You're really married into Lan Clan, Wei WuXian?"

"Something like that ... "

......

[The first memory]

......

"Oh, our first night together!" Exclaimed Wei WuXian excited.

"Wei WuXian!!" Jiang Cheng's outrageous shout had Wei WuXian look at him worried and confused. Lan WangJi sighed internally. His beloved could be the most clueless at such a time.

"Sorry, it's the first night of our encounter," amended Lan WangJi, his ears turning red.

"Get your head out of the gutter!" Wei WuXian laugh uproarious. He never a fan of such strict and stifling ideology.

"Wei Ying," hissed Lan WangJi, willing Wei WuXian to toned down his excitement.

Wei WuXian make a show of taking a deep breath, calming himself. "I really didn't meant to ... but it's fun," he shrugged off both his shoulders lightly.

"It's only the first day and you already caught  Lan WangJi's attention. You even provoked him." Said Jiang FengMian incredulously.

.
.
.