Ch 20 - Deals

A/n - I'm back! Without further ado ... Enjoy! 🤭🤭
. . . . .

"Have a nap," suggested Lan WangJi softly as he sit down under the magnolia tree. Wei WuXian blinked, thinking of the reason which somehow escaped from him.

"Why?" Inquire Wei WuXian curious.

"You have headache,"

"You just won't give up, don't you?" Sighed Wei WuXian amused.

"Someone need to take care of you,"

"Lan Zhan ... How old are we again?"

"I'm 17 and you're 16," answered Lan WangJi convincingly. Wei WuXian raised an eyebrow, looking sideway at Lan WangJi. Wei WuXian sighed again, defeated after having a staring contest for roughly five minutes. He admits that Lan WangJi had master his stoic face and truly is one of the Lan Jade.

"Fine ... Two can play the game." Declared Wei WuXian as he lean on the magnolia tree to get comfortable. "Serenade me, Lan Zhan?" Requested Wei WuXian when he feels slightly suffocate by the silence.

Lan WangJi didn't reply but the first note reverberating far and wide making Wei WuXian smile contently. Their melody never fails to lull him to feel safe and loved.

.
.
.

"A-Jie ... Look at that!" Jiang Cheng pointed at under the magnolia tree, his face displeased. Jiang YanLi indulge in her brother's request and smile.

"A-Xian and HanGuang-Jun? It's good to see they are spending some relaxing time like us." Comments Jiang YanLi casually.

"A-Jie! Can't you see Wei WuXian is being shameless!?" Protest Jiang Cheng.

"They were already engaged last few days. Besides, they're merely sitting together in the open,"

"YanLi-Jie ... They are sitting in the open, but I'm sure their conversation is much suited for behind the door." Snickered Nie HuaiSang in amusement. A glittering butterfly suddenly visit and landed on Jiang YanLi's index finger.

"That was from HanGuang-Jun. He said to mind your manners since A-Xian need to take a nap and yes, he can hear you clearly."

"Oh, that was really great!" Exclaimed Jiang Cheng sarcastically which earned him a glance from Lan WangJi. "How old is Wei WuXian to be needing a nap?" Grumbled Jiang Cheng.

"A-Cheng, you should understand that life won't stay the same. Each of us will grow up and we will gain a lot of knowledge, many experiences and create bonds along the journey in our life."

"I know," retorted Jiang Cheng sulking.
.
.
.

While Jiang YanLi had managed to calm down her brother, there's another group of young cultivators that been observing and speculating without any real clue.

"Who does he think he is?"

"HanGuang-Jun shouldn't entertaining him."

"He's shameless and reckless too."

"He shouldn't be your problem. I heard they were engaged."

"That's not something to joke about, Jin- Gongzi,"

"I believed it to be true. I overheard young lady Jiang talked about it on my way here," replied Jin ZiXuan

"That ... Well, I guess the Lan clan not too worried about HanGuang-Jun providing an heir. Zewu-Jun should be able to do that,"

"Though, it's really suspicious for HanGuang-Jun to suddenly engaged to Wei WuXian. Could it be a conspiracy between clans?"

"What conspiracy?"

"HanGuang-Jun never flirt with anyone ... He's the best student model. Wei WuXian, he's flirting right and left ... I'll be surprised if he claimed a virgin,"

"How could you say that?" Gasped Mian Mian, covering her ears in distress.

"It is true! They didn't say it out loud, but everyone were thinking about it!" Chirped a male disciple and immediately supported by others nodding.

"I told you he's no longer anyone problem." Jin ZiXuan repeated.

"That's it! Maybe it's master Lan QiRen's idea to put leash on Wei WuXian!"

"What?" Jin ZiXuan muttered in disbelief at the wild guesses his clan servants could think off.

"HanGuang-Jun is the best student and very strict too. He could achieve the impossible by taming Wei WuXian," declared the female disciple smugly.

"Hey ... Have you ever wonder if,"

"You should finish your talk," Jin ZiXuan raised an eyebrow to his gossiping junior.

"Hmm! Hmm! Mnnhmm!" The flair of his robes impressive, but the panicking he expressed quite a sight to behold.

Jin ZiXuan glanced at the magnolia tree and realized HanGuang-Jun was looking their way. "I'm afraid you've been heard," he smirked faintly amused.
.
.
.
.

"I look forward to seeing just what selfish request you're going to trouble me with,"

"Don't worry, you'll survive it,"

"I'm quite worry about my reputation though,"

"What reputation?" Muttered Wei WuXian distracted until Nie HuaiSang elbowed his side. "Oh! You're talking about your reputation as the Jin clan's peacock?"

"You !"

"Yes, I am Wei WuXian." Replied Wei WuXian nonplussed. "May I help you?"

"I'm thinking why I should listen to your ideas,"

"Seriously? Because you're smitten with my shijie, of course!"

While Jin ZiXuan was too embarrassed to say any comeback, Nie HuaiSang had joined Wei WuXian in laughing their hearts out.

___________________________________________
A/n - I'm feeling guilty of getting this done very late. The last few weekends I was quite occupied with Strawberry Siren watch party on Discord, so... 😅😅

Published (2/10/2020)

800 words