Ch. 12 - It's just the beginning

Lan WangJi pulling on the panic Wei WuXian and hug him tightly. After a minute of unsuccessful struggling, Wei WuXian hesitantly wrapped his arms around Lan WangJi.

He rested his head on Lan WangJi's chest, listening to the strong and slightly fast heartbeats. "Why your heart beating faster than usual?" Wei WuXian inquire as he feels concerns.

"Happy."

"Why are you so happy?"

"Wei Ying." Hearing such an answer from the monosyllabic person, Wei WuXian sigh feeling drained. He's tempted to just fall asleep in the warmth hug. It's very comfortable by the way, but he have a bubble to burst first.

"HanGuang-Jun, I know you enjoyed seeing others in frustration whenever you didn't react properly. I'm begging you to --" lifting Wei Ying's chin up, Lan Zhan sealed those running mouth with a kiss. It's mere seconds but the lingering heat spread down to Wei Ying's chest. The warmth that settled make his heart beating rapidly.

"You talk too much," offer Lan WangJi softly as an explanation once he released those ruby red lips.

"Aiyoo~ Lan Zhan, I just woke up ... It's not good for my heart," complaint Wei WuXian hiding his face on Lan WangJi's chest. After years of marriage, he still can't get use to Lan Zhan's sudden and random affection.

"They forgot about us," comments Jiang Cheng dryly albeit he's feeling embarrassed by the unexpected affection between two young men.

Lan WangJi look at Jiang Cheng uninterested. "I'm not ... or else --" Wei WuXian promptly covered Lan WangJi's mouth before he said something embarrassing.

"I'm also aware ... That's why I'm so surprised ... I'm not sure if I'm ready," Wei WuXian mutters under his breath.

"I can ask them to leave and to come back whenever you are ready," Lan WangJi tuck a lock of hair behind Wei WuXian's ear. Wei WuXian look up bewildered.

"You'll do that for me?"

"You're my husband, Wei Ying."

"When are we ... Now?"

"If to compare ... You're supposedly still have another week of punishment in the Library Pavilion."

"Ah ~ those punishment ... It's already been engraved in my mind. Why I can't skip those this time?"

"It's a prevention,"

"You merely wanted to keep me close," accused Wei WuXian his voice disbelieve. When Lan WangJi keep silent, Wei WuXian observe minute details of his beloved. The light is dim but he believed the ear tips slightly red.

'We really can't curb those jealousy of yours, right?'

"I don't have to go back to Lotus Pier early ... right?"

"If you behave enough ..."

"There are only 3000 something rules now, I think I can handle that."

"ONLY 3000 something rules!?"

"It's going to be 4000 rules in another 20 years,"

"Why?"

"Ask yourself ... You're the one that added those rules. I was dead and Lan Zhan in seclusion."

"What are you talking about!?"

"Future ... Rules ... Dead ... WangJi in seclusion?" Lan XiChen thought he's done being surprise, but he was wrong.

_-_-_

Nightless city ...

Wen RuoHan leisurely watching over the fierce corpses he'd created. It's just the beginning of something bigger. It took him more than a decade to manipulate the yin metal power, to harness it's potential into this small undead army.

He needs other pieces to increase the potential and to expand the undead army. "Still no news from Cloud Recesses?"

Xue Yang tilted his head and smiles mockingly. "I've told you to sent me over, but you were adamant to sent those siblings,"

Wen RuoHan dropped his head onto his hand, idly massaging his temple. "I want it to be inconspicuous. Sending you are the same with sending either my sons."

"Well, then you'll have to be waiting for longer, I guess."

"You're very insolent!" Wen Chao barks as he enter the hall.

"Ah~ Wen Chao, we just talked about you."

"Father, it seems one of the mountain surrounded Cloud Recesses was heavily warded. Wen Qing is trying to investigate either the ward origin or entrance."

"Then, any new agenda they're discussing behind my back?"

"They're suspicious of you, of course. Still, they're hesitate to do much since we're bigger and stronger."

"That's what I thought. I've heard rumours of several promising young masters. What can you tell about them?"

"Heh, turns out one of them merely a son of servant. He's quite a rebellious ... overconfident, but can't deny he's smart."

"Any potential he could be one of us?"

"I'll find out,"

"You're dismiss,"

"Recruiting more outsiders?"

"It's call strategy,"

-----~~------~~------~~------~~------~~------~~-----

A/n - Spur on the moment ... What do you think? Leave your comments and vote if you like.
💖💖💖 Thanks for your support 😍😍😍

Published (735 words)