Ch 23 - Carefree ( pt 2)

A/n - I've taken the liberty to change here and there to accommodate my storylines. Let me know what do you think. 😁
___________________________________________

Jiang FengMian's POV

Life is absurd sometimes. It will hurl you with something that you never foresee. For instance, the circumstance we're in right now. A few weeks ago, if someone said that Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi will be engaged and getting on really well, that person will surely be heeded as out of their mind.

As of now, sitting in the library pavilion in Cloud Recesses with my wife and other Clan Leaders, we were procrastinating for Wei WuXian to start with empathy. To be more discernible, improvised empathy to allow many people to do it together at the same time.

"Will this be dangerous?" I inquired of my adopted son as he was inspecting the array he drew on the wooden floor of the library.

"As long as you're not wandering too much, the most you'll be getting such as headache, befuddle and exhausted."

"What about you, A-Xian?" the inquiry from my wife was simply unexpected. Wei WuXian gazes at my wife passively.

"Nearly the same ... " Replied Wei WuXian shrugged off his shoulders casually. It doesn't come across like he's worrying at all. Lan WangJi still sitting behind the table with his eyes glued on Wei WuXian.

"My brother kind of concern," remark came to me as Lan XiChen stands beside me.

"You could discern, with that expression?" Muttered my wife sceptically.

"He refused to let him out of his sight, seems like he's anticipating something to emerge," added the older Lan siblings, crouching down to check the array closer.

At the same time, we're busying with our assumption, Wei WuXian turned around and clambered over the table. "I am here ... I have you," he said to Lan WangJi reclining with a languid and ridiculous pose.

"Hmm,"

"Let's start it," announced Wei WuXian, jumping off the table while Lan WangJi getting up to stands beside the array.

Lan XiChen's POV

Never for a second did I ever thought my younger brother will tie the knot before me. I do want him to be happy and found his love, but never imagined it will be this way.

Wei WuXian ... As far as the rumours go, he ranked 4th young master in cultivation. Admittedly he was favourable to look, easy to get on with and smart. WangJi himself was no less, ranked as 2nd and being one of the twin Jades of Lan.

Still, WangJi never shows any interest in having any association with others. It doesn't matter if platonic or not, he even regards the clan members he has grown up with as mere disputes most of the time. In his world, he only has few people to interact with. After our mother's death, WangJi had closed his heart and focused on his studies. He didn't want to inaugurate any new bond.

Then, a mishap came about to Wei WuXian. WangJi took care of him and disclosed he had time travelled to the past with Wei WuXian. According to the snippet of anecdotes they've told, something bad will happened and they're willing to share the knowledge.

At the moment, they're going to use a newly invented array. This array strangely using the Lan Clan design as the base and Jiang clan design were added here and there. There were some parts that I am not familiar with but make sense.

"Let's start it," announced Wei WuXian, hopping down while WangJi walked leisurely. Once everyone settled, I realized that Wei WuXian and WangJi were standing opposite of each other. The array wasn't so big that they merely stand a foot apart while standing in their positions.