Ch. 9 - Rebellion

A/n: It's been happening with Diwali celebration holidays. Enjoy your reading. ☺️

_____________________________________

In the Jingshi in the Cloud Recesses, the sound of the guqin was long.

It was ... 'No Envies'

****##****##****##****

Lan Zhan just come back from Library Pavilion. Thinking of wiping away sweats and changing Wei Ying's clothes, Lan Zhan halted. There's some blood on Wei Ying's lips.

"Wei Ying ...?" Lan Zhan check for his vitals. His spiritual energy still low, but it's not the cause. Unsatisfied, he inspect for any injuries and he found fresh marks on Wei Ying's back. 'Zidian ... '

He does recognised as he once treated Wei Ying's injuries caused by Zidian.
His eyes narrowed thinking of the person whose responsible to inflicted such marks on his husband.

'Must be Madam Yu ... but when..?'

_-_-_-_

Jiang FengMian blinked his eyes, trying to grasp the image he is seeing. He turns to Lan QiRen, only to be offer with silent stare as if the other man also have no inkling of the situation.

It's common for the unconscious to be bedridden and been taken care of. Still, the scene they've stumbled upon have different vibes ... like there's a hidden meaning. A sacred hidden meaning.

They've just finished with the meeting that had been postponed because of incident befallen on A-Xian. It's frustrating and disappointing at the same time cause they couldn't get the better solution they all hope for.

Before he retired to his room, he wanted to visit A-Xian, thus the reason they're in current situation.

At the moment, Lan WangJi is carrying Wei WuXian in his arm, bridal style towards the Cold Spring. Stealthily, both following like a pair of mischievous young boys.

Once arrived at the Cold Spring Pool, Lan WangJi laid Wei WuXian by the bank before he enter the pool. By this time, Jiang FengMian and Master Lan had already crouched down behind overgrown bushes that provides natural privacy.

When Lan WangJi took off his outer robe, Jiang FengMian feels confused. Thinking why would the Second Young Master Lan needed to bring Wei WuXian if he wanted to take bath. He could just leave A-Xian in Jingshi where it is more comfortable.

Then Lan WangJi peeled off outer robe from Wei WuXian's body, and Jiang FengMian heart skipped a beat. But once his adopted son free of his top inner clothes, his blood freeze.
Even from far and under dim lighting,  he recognised those marks. 'Zidian ...'

Lan QiRen wanted to rush forward, but Jiang FengMian hold on his arm stops him. "Those marks ... from Zidian," Jiang FengMian whispers shakily. Lan QiRen frown deeply thinking what the meaning of this.

Looking back at the two young men in the pool one conscious while the other unconscious, they forced themselves to stay and observe. It's unethical, but necessary.

Lan WangJi supporting Wei WuXian as he let down his legs to touch the sandy bed of the pool. Lan WangJi guided him, letting him to sit on a rock that submerge under the water. Now that the cold water is same level as Wei WuXian's mid chest, Lan WangJi tenderly wash his body. He unconsciously tracing each one of the whip marks he encountered.

Satisfied that he had washed Wei WuXian's body, he released the silky black hair to wet it. Using his fingers, he untangled the long hair. Repeatedly, he poured water over the head until he deems it clean enough.

After 15 minutes both soaked in the Cold Spring Pool, Lan WangJi carried Wei WuXian out, put on the clean set of inner clothes. After he put on his robes, Lan WangJi trekked back to Jingshi.

_-_-_-_-_

"WangJi,"

"Good morning, Uncle and Clan Leader Jiang."

"There's something we want you to answer. Hopefully, you can ease our worry." Lan QiRen look at Jiang FengMian to continue.

"Yesterday after the meeting, we came to visit. You're carrying A-Xian to the Cold Spring Pool and we saw those marks on his body." Explain Jiang FengMian. Lan WangJi tensed up, staring at Jiang FengMian as if to gauge his intentions.

"Do you have any idea what had caused the marks?"

"It's manifestation of his old memories."

'Memories ... My Lady had used Zidian on him ?'  thought Jiang FengMian.

"I'll explain things that needed to be explain ... after Wei WuXian wakes up," said Lan WangJi and he politely excuse himself. It's clear that Lan WangJi won't say anything anymore.

"This Jingshi ... Usually not for treating sick disciple, right?" whispers
Jiang FengMian as his eyes roaming around the accommodation.

"This is WangJi's private quarter." Lan QiRen quietly disclose.

"Then, why...?"

"He brought Wei WuXian here," Lan QiRen sighs heavily, remembering his shocked to learn the news.

_*_*_*_

"Clan Leader Jiang," greet Lan XiChen when he was joined by Jiang FengMian.

"Lan WangJi ... does he have an interest towards A-Xian?" Ask Jiang FengMian straight to the point. Lan XiChen blinks his eyes trying to clear this mind. The shock of such question is shaking his foundation.

"It seems that Clan Leader Jiang also noticed."

"So it's true."

"Before young master Wei fell into this condition ... there's this small incident where WangJi had used silence spell on a group of guest disciples. Young Master Wei was nearby, taking his nap and was mistaken as the person who played jokes on them. Young Master Wei was attacked and WangJi immediately defended him."

Jiang FengMian eyes narrowing menacingly, "Who are those disciples?" Lan XiChen choose to ignore his fellow Clan Leader.

"WangJi didn't let Young Master Wei left, instead brought him into the Pavilion Library to treat his injuries."

"That was the first I witnessed WangJi show any warmth to others and Young Master Wei, obediently sat and received treatment."

"Well, he's quite playful most of the time. But there were also moments he'll be serious or obedient," admitted Jiang FengMian, reminiscing a few events.

"They even spent a few hours talking about nothing, but music." Lan XiChen shakes his head amused.

"Music?"

"Yes ... You're aware that WangJi is very talented in music, right?"

"I'm aware ... But I'm not aware that A-Xian interested in music too."

"Well, he have this bamboo flute ... dizi. He once play a duet with WangJi."

"What song?"

"Sound of Clarity' "

"I heard that's quite difficult to learn,"

"It is, yet he played very well."

"I feel like there are too many unknown ... too little time to unravel."

"WangJi seems to know more ... But he won't say anything until Young Master Wei wakes up."

"He's like a silent guardian ... " Musings Jiang FengMian, sharing a look with Lan XiChen and they laugh.

"Do you think there's a possibility of our family to be connected by marriage?"

"Hmm ... depends on both parties involved. It's too early to conclude, Clan Leader Lan."

"I'm sure young master Wei addition to the Lan family will be quite spectacular."

"You're right, Zewu-Jun."

______________________________________