Ch 26 - Gotcha!

Wei WuXian had drunk a bottle of Emperor's Smile and sat quietly beside Lan WangJi. Clan Leaders were conversing about everything and anything other than those memories they have seen. Soon, Lan WangJi felt Wei WuXian leaning on his shoulder. After a while, Lan WangJi noticed Wei WuXian getting heavier and found he had fell asleep.

Unreserved of their elders, Lan WangJi boldly pulled Wei WuXian to lay across his lap. He laid Wei WuXian's head on his left front chest, as his left arm wrapped around Wei WuXian's upper back, hand leisurely rested on the slim waist.

"He fell asleep?" Lan WangJi nodded as a reply to Jiang FengMian's question. He pushed back locks of ebony hair to fall unobtrusively to the floor.

"Those memories ... I'm grateful for whoever helped him to deal with it," murmured Jiang FengMian as he hold his lady's hand in his. The weariness was evident in each of them. Wei WuXian had it the worst, reliving those dark moments in his life for their benefits. XiChen felt spark of curiousity and noticed Lan WangJi's subtle frown, and the way he wrapped supported Wei WuXian's upper body as if to ward off any bad memory.

"WangJi, what's wrong?" Lan XiChen gently laid his fingers on his younger brother's arm.

"There was no one," whispered Lan WangJi with flickers of haunting guilt stark clear in his eyes.

"No one?" Repeated Lan XiChen unsure. He glanced at his fellow clan leaders to see if they have any inkling or idea. The blank, puzzling, frown and concerns expression had him to focused back to his younger brother.

"There was no one to help Wei Ying deal with those memories." Revealed Lan WangJi sorrowful. His right hand grasped Wei WuXian's left hand, brought up his hand to kiss the back of Wei WuXian's back hand.

"What!?" most elders stricken by the confession. "I'm sorry ... I'm not supposed to raised my voice."

"Did you try, WangJi?" Lan XiChen look at his younger brother and the other young man he held. He knows their prior relationship before all these revelations. They're not young and innocent young men. Their life experiences not easy either, from the few memories shared.

"Whenever I tried ... Wei Ying will change the topic. Eventually, he pushed me away and next time I tried to help, things had gone from bad to worst," Lan XiChen couldn't help but to rise an eyebrow and exchanged look with others.

Currently in front of him, Lan WangJi a teenager who was expressing his helplessness at not able to help the teenager Wei WuXian. They've forgotten that even though both Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian have the memories of older and experienced themselves, their physical and mental were still young and innocent.

"You can do things differently this time,"

"It's a race against time." Declared Lan WangJi resolute.

"We're rushing now?" Lan XiChen raised an eyebrow, startled and wondering if they should already halfway planning things.

"From the information I've collected and analysed ... Many things happened almost simultaneously and the backlashes or aftermath were connected or overlapping that lead to many tragedies."

"You have solutions?" It's pointless, but someone need to ask, just in case.

"I merely have the gist of it. Wei Ying might have clear vision of the possible solutions,"

"I thought you're the scholar between the two of you,"

"I have all the information, but Wei Ying much better at utilising those information and making plans faster or on the go."

" ...on the go?" Repeated Jiang FengMian faintly as he was puzzling over the meaning.

"I meant ... Spontaneously, according to the situation that ever changing."

"You're saying that brash brat was better than you?" Nie MingJue jerking oddly once he digested the bits given. He was eyeing Wei WuXian which is half laid over Lan WangJi's lap totally traumatized and venerable.

"You shouldn't underestimate other people. Even Nie HuaiSang ... Can make a clever but devious plan once he was pushed up the wall."

"HuaiSang? Are you talking about my younger brother, Nie HuaiSang?"

"He's not strong or very skilled in fighting, but he's very clever that he can destroyed his enemies without doing it himself. He could pull all the necessary strings to put things into motions," Lan WangJi feels the need to further explained his subtle warning.

"Your expectations are too high," scoffing in disbelief , Nie MingJue tried to dismiss at the wild imagination. He's been watching over the brat for years ever since their parents passed away. The brat could proved to be smart at times, yet to be skilled enough to outsmart cunning, ruthless enemy or enemies? He still need years to go.

"I've experienced it myself," rebuked Lan WangJi quietly looking down at the precious bundle in his arm. He absolutely unable to ignore the fact that it was Nie HuaiSang's ingenious intervention that made Wei WuXian's reincarnation possible. None ever suspect the young master of Nie clan which was synonyms with 'I don't know' phrase he uttered nervously and at most kept tripping over his own steps..

.
.
.
.

Feeling warmth and secured made Wei WuXian smiled contentedly. He snuggled closer and his ear captured faint heartbeat sound. His right side face feels the vibrates each time the heart beats. Scent of sandalwood intoxicate him as he inhale deeply.

"Wei Ying ..."

"Not yet," murmured Wei WuXian. He stiffened as he sensed a kiss on top of his forehead. It was simple, seems innocent to most eyes like a blessing. Nevertheless, the small gesture meant everything to Wei WuXian, thus effective in pulling him awake and ready to face the world.

"Finally awake, princess," sneered Nie MingJue disgruntled.

"I have to say that I love to stay in Lan Zhan's arms mostly. He rarely let me stay as much as I like," said Wei WuXian slightly pouting. He soon smiles friendly after Lan WangJi blatantly laid his hand on Wei WuXian's lower back for a few seconds before he withdraw the hand. The warmth that Wei WuXian could feel as the hand landed on his lower back gave him unnecessary energy. It's a promise.

"I'd say ... He must be very good," a whisper from behind him made him shivers. Wei WuXian pivoted on his heel.

"M-madam Yu ... " Stuttered Wei WuXian, recognizing the only woman in closed proximity.

"Am I wrong? He should be on top and with his great control, he must often drives you up the wall, right?" As if she's stalking her prey, Madam Yu slowly encircled Wei WuXian. Unconsciously, he stepped back until he found himself standing against the pillar.

"I ... I don't ... " He tried to pretend ignorant, but a sharp glance and maniac smile from the woman in front of him made him stop. It's rare for Wei WuXian to feel like he has no way out.

"Silly ... I'm very confident that he has incredible stamina too to match his cultivation strength." Madam Yu pointedly measuring Lan WangJi with her eyes, who currently was keeping something on the shelf quite far from them.

"Erm ... S -should we ..." Wei WuXian tried to change topic or at least distracting Madam Yu from staring at his man. Madam Yu took a step closer, narrowing her eyes at Wei WuXian.

"Say ... Now I'm curious ... How do you accommodate him? His confidence must be as huge as his sword," blood drained from Wei WuXian's face, seconds after he fully understood Madam Yu's innuendos.

"Madam Yu!" Hissed out Wei WuXian his whole body aflame. He almost wished for  the Wen Clan to appear.

"So, he really was very good in bed that a thick skin such as you could blushed like a virgin maiden," satisfied with Wei WuXian's reaction, Madam Yu walked away.

Wei WuXian was left standing there speechless as he stared at the back of Madam Yu. 'What was that ... Why ... How could she attack me like that!?'

__________________________________________

A/n - It's been a long due. Am I forgiven? 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Published (15/8/2021)

1130 words

Edited (15/8/2021 @ 11.36am)
1285 words