Ch. 1 - Ambushed

Disclaimer: Mo Dao Zu Shi belongs to Mo Xiang Tong Xiu. This fanfic only created for my own obsess ... No profit gain.

______________________________________

Distance sound of dripping echoes softly. The stillness that surrounds him feel slightly stifling or it might be because of his uncomfortable position at the time.

Wei WuXian opened his eyes and he could see a blurry silhouette of white not far from him. He moves slightly to ease the restraining chain.

"Wei Ying?" The voice calling his name was familiar, making him smiled.

"Damn... I should have brought more supplies," bemoaned Wei WuXian. He glanced at Lan WangJi whose hands currently chained to the wall just like him. "Lan Zhan ... I'm sorry," he murmured regretfully.

"Wei Ying ... Are you injured?" Asked Lan WangJi agitated. His expression as smooth as a mirror, but I could decipher those tone and mood in seconds.

"I suppose ... I've been pricked with something... My sight still blurry and there's a buzzing---" Wei WuXian started to complain before he was cut short by the door opened roughly.

"I see that both of you are awake."

"An ambushed ... How noble you are!?" accused Wei WuXian to their mystery assailant.

"Sorry for making you feel disappointed." sneered their assailant. It's a man with typical looks, a few inches taller than Wei WuXian's current height. Wei WuXian noticed he's tanned as he was getting closer.

"But ... I always assumed the Yiling Patriarch is all-powerful, never anticipate that he is quite a beauty ..." whispered the man into Wei WuXian's ear. A hand yanking on Wei WuXian's hair and he had no choice but to expose his vulnerable neck.

"Wei Ying!" Called Lan WangJi anxiously.

"Ah, HanGuang -Jun ... It's unjust that both of you admire each other only." their assailant made a complaint. A smirked, "Why not we make it merrier..?" suggested the man a bit too childish.

Lan WangJi didn't make any sound, but his expression was chilling.

"What are you talking about?" Wei WuXian hissed as the man's gripped on his hair didn't relax.

"Well, both of you are distinguished cultivator partners ... your accomplishment was rather legendary." Stated the man as a matter of fact.

"Didn't know that you mind much of gossips," muttered Wei WuXian derisively.

"I also heard rumours of HanGuang - Jun reputation as twin Lan jade ... Fair, righteous and unwavering. Some even dared to say that HanGuang - Jun so cold-hearted." Continued the man as if Wei WuXian didn't say anything.

"What is your point?" Wei WuXian narrowing his eyes, eyeing the man as his instinct is screaming nonsense at him to escape from the man's proximity.

"In the presence of the said person myself ... I think the privilege of knowing HanGuang - Jun's true character is only yours ... Wei WuXian," the man once again whispered those words to his ear with eyes glinting sinisterly.

"All this time, people believed that the Yiling Patriarch was ruthless, cruel and barbaric. That was not true ... At all, right?" Sniggered the man, letting go of Wei WuXian's hair only to grip his jaw and forced onto him a brutal kiss. Wei WuXian was sure will get bruises.

Of course, the kiss was nothing compared to all those kisses his beloved husband bestowed upon him. Still, to be kissed, even by force by their current enemy, furthermore in the presence of his beloved ...

Unbidden, hot tears prickling his eyes. His heart is beating fast, not because of desire but dread.

'For me to commit such betrayal ...'

The loathing and disgusting feeling that bubble up in his chest, escalated throughout his body rapidly. His mind already blanks except for the thought that his beloved husband was forced to witness this shame.

'Lan Zhan ... Will you forgive me?'

"WEI YING!!" A scream filled with anguish was the last conscious thought Wei WuXian have before he blacked out.

.
.
.

My child ...

I've missed you so much ...

You have made us proud ...

-----~~------~~------~~------~~------~~------~~-----

Published (600 words)