Ch 19 - Our Story

"Wow ... What a sight to behold!" Exclaimed Wei WuXian the instant they enter the threshold where the meeting was being held. Lan WangJi followed a stride later, carrying a rattan woven basket. He seems occupied with its content.

"Tell me about something that I didn't know, " seated on the left beside uncle Jiang, clad in golden was Jin GuangShan. Sitting opposite of him was Nie MingJue who was talking quietly to Lan XiChen.

"I would like to apologize for our tardiness." Wei WuXian bows his respect. "Given the opportunity to choose otherwise, we won't change the outcome either." the added comment had totally discredit his previous polite greeting.

After passing the basket to Wei WuXian, Lan Wangji respectfully greet each clan leaders. He quickly but elegantly joined Wei WuXian at the table. Jin GuangShan raised an eyebrow at the action, while Nie MingJue frown slightly. Unlike Jiang FengMian and Lan XiChen who discreetly clears his throat while latter knowingly smile into his teacup.

"Something had happened?" Lan XiChen finally inquiry to stare at the two young men concerned about their well being.

"We visited Cold Spring Cave," answered Lan WangJi relaxing beside Wei WuXian.

"I thought young master Wei need to be resting. It was quite an ordeal I heard." Jin GuangShan eyeing Wei WuXian's form. His own son, Jin ZiXuan was widely known as a handsome young master with elegance. Looking at the young man sitting beside second young master Lan, he can not help to admire the elegance, confidence and esteem presented.

"I'm flattered ... Clan leader Jin took notice of my health condition." With sugary-sweet voice, Wei WuXian teases Lan WangJi. Ignoring him, Lan WangJi calmly drinks his tea after he took a glance at Jin GuangShan.

"Today's meeting was to talk about that ordeal that had befallen young master Wei." Nie MingJue abruptly announced seeming to no longer have the patience to wait, "Would you like to begin the story?"

"How about you ask and we answer?" Suggested Wei WuXian friendly smile on his face.

"That's going to be a headache. We couldn't possibly be able to ask the appropriate questions." Counter Nie MingJue.

"Let me hear what your speculation about, " Wei WuXian relented casually supporting his head with his hand which he rested on the table.

"Wei Ying," a mere whispers from Lan WangJi, but the effect was huge.

Wei WuXian blinks and immediately fix his sitting posture. Imagine Jiang FengMian having to endure years of Wei WuXian's misbehave. Witnessing himself a mere whispered name from Lan WangJi able to fix Wei WuXian's misbehave was astonishing.

On another side of Lan XiChen and Nie MingJue, they feel wanting to laugh out loud. Like Lan XiChen, Nie MingJue knows Lan WangJi quite well, seeing as he is Lan WangJi's older brother's best friend. As Lan XiChen's best friend you can't avoid from listening to all kind of stories about Lan WangJi.

So, it is no wonder if both of them feels a kind of relief to know there is someone who knows Lan WangJi more than Lan XiChen.

Jin GuangShan observing the young men with indecent frontage. Previously, Wei WuXian has slouch down, slightly hiding his figure and toss a sheet over his charm. The moment he was fixing his sitting posture, he inadvertently endangered a rare side of himself. Jin GuangShan nearly chokes on his own saliva at the smirk Lan WangJi throw at him.

"Hah, I've heard many rumours about you, Wei WuXian." Said Jin GuangShan feeling vindictive at Lan WangJi's silent provoked.

"Again, I didn't know that you invested a lot on me. What is it that you heard?" Wei WuXian's visage exhibits polite and curiosity.

"Normal rumours ... Your character, your achievements and your connections." Tried to act nonchalant, Jin GuangShan busying himself with delicacies offered."However, I didn't hear this one information but in fact, I am receiving it first hand."

"Oh, that sounds interesting, " Wei WuXian leans his body slightly to the back as if preparing himself to hear a foundation-shaking rumour.

"Yes, it really is interesting to know that a promising young man such as yourself easily got whipped by Lan WangJi,"

"Ah, I really want to know how did you get that particular information?" Pretending to be oblivious, his acting was spot on when he turned around abruptly. "Lan Zhan~! You promised me that we're not going to talk about that. I really didn't know to break that particular rules can get whipped 300 times," whispered Wei WuXian dramatically loud. Jiang FengMian face-palmed, resigning himself to Wei WuXian's normal misbehaviour. Nie MingJue and Lan XiChen exchanged glances, perfectly aware that Jin GuangShan's plan had been spotted on and backfire.

"It's my fault that I gave you leeway," Lan WangJi contemplated seriously.

"Say, why are we talking about this now? I'm not going to have you in such trouble again, Lan Zhan,"

"I remembered that I asked for that particular punishment, Wei Ying,"

"Huh? Did you ... Which rules did we talking about?"

"It is not that important anymore. I'm sure the other clan leaders are dying to hear your explanation about the incident happened on the last convention," Jin GuangShan quickly redirected their conversation. He was occupied with replenishing his drinks into his cup when Wei WuXian rubbing on his nose and smirked.

"Hmm ... Our explanation is simple. On the convention day, since we were given off day, we decided to have a picnic by the waterfall. While having a race, I suddenly pulled by water current and ended up in the Cold Spring Cave. I might have knocked my head somewhere that I've lost consciousness when I was found."

"That was your explanation?"

"You have other explanation you want to share?"

Jin GuangShan was quiet for a while.

"I received a report that Lan WangJi visited Lotus Pier prior to this meeting. What was the reason for your visit?"

"I went there to propose Wei Ying to be my cultivation partner,"

"Do you aware of this, Lan XiChen?"

"I have a feeling that WangJi intend to do that, only I didn't know he already done it,"

"You are not objecting his action?"

"As long as he willing to commit to such responsibility and able to perform his duties well, I see no problems,"

___________________________________________

A/n - What do you think?

Published (24/6/2020)
1046 words