Ch 15 - Desire

Lotus Pier, YunMeng.

After relentless many requests, they finally obtained the permission to visit Lotus Pier for a couple of days. Although the true reason was unknown to Lan WangJi, he doesn't bother much. At least he have the opportunity to meet Wei WuXian's current guardians, Jiang FengMian and Madam Yu ZiYuan.

He was hesitant once in pursuing his affection, thus he didn't intend to repeat the same mistake. He wants to embrace every moment he have to make his love happy and feel loved. Preventing Wei WuXian from physical injury is an impossible task, least he should try his best to protect the heart and soul.

_-_-_

Jiang FengMian and Madam Yu wait patiently for Lan WangJi to enter. His letter, asking to be in their audience privately sounds urgent and important.

"Greeting, Clan Leader Jiang and Madam Yu."

"HanGuang-Jun ... you have something important and urgent to tell us?"

"Yes, it's something that I can't wait any longer no matter what other might have said or will say."

"What is it?"

"I would like to ask for your permission to be betroth to Wei WuXian,"

"I'm sorry ... could you repeat that again? I need to make sure that I'm hearing what my mind tells me."

"I would like to make Wei WuXian as my betroth,"

"You know ... that he's a boy, just like you are, right?"

"Madam Yu, I'm aware that our gender are the same. I'm also aware of his behaviour ... It is one of the reasons I want him as my fiancé so I can marry him later." The impassive visage Lan WangJi put on made Madam Yu wanting to believe that this might be a prank planned by Wei WuXian himself.

"Does he knows that you want to marry him?"

"Not yet ... but it'll be no problem at all. I only need your permission." Replied Lan WangJi confidently.

"I think ..."

A thundering of footsteps gradually increased in crescendo. "HanGuang-Jun! What are you doing here?" Anxiousness plastered as clear as the blue sky on Wei WuXian's face.

"Wei Ying," calls Lan WangJi softly, acknowledging. Wei WuXian blinks once at Lan WangJi , then all traces of anxious smiles left his face.

"Greeting, Uncle Jiang and Auntie Yu," greeted Wei WuXian belatedly.

"What ... Are you discussing? Am I allowed to listen in?" Wei WuXian might be bowing his respect to the Jiang couple, but he was glancing at Lan WangJi by the corner of his eye.

"Alright, second young master Lan WangJi, as the guardian of Wei WuXian I'll accept your proposal."

"Wait ... What proposal you're talking about, uncle?" Jiang FengMian smirked teasingly at his adopted son. "Lan Zhan ... Why you are in here in the first place?" Wei WuXian pulled slightly on Lan WangJi's sleeve.

"If you're so curious, I'll tell you the reason Second Young Master Lan came today." Madam Yu stands up to stand beside her husband an evil smirk adorned her face.

"It seems that you have misbehaved because of your freedom and thus, the Lan clan proposed to tie you to Young Master Lan WangJi."

"What...?" Asked Wei WuXian in faint whispers. He half expected people to rush into the room and announced he had been fooled.

"Your uncle had agreed to our betrothal." Whispered Lan WangJi, unable to keep the news. He wanted to announce to the willing ears of the news.

"Really ...?" Blinked Wei WuXian in shocked. He didn't pay any attention to the background chuckles from his uncle Jiang and Auntie Yu.

"Hmn,"

_-__-_

"My lord ... Are you serious about trying to recruit that brat?"

"I wouldn't bother at all if my father didn't asked. That brat will create more troubles than his worth."

"Then ... Just report how unsuitable he is to join the forces."

Nodding absently at the idea, Wen Chao pulled his mistress onto his lap. "I know that you'll be very useful to me."

"I'm so glad that you approved the idea. I don't like it to see you worrying all the time."

"You miss me playing around with you?"

"Of course ... You've been gone for few days."

"Yeah, I might be able to bring you along next time,"

"Really!? I can't wait ... It's been a long time since we go out together."

_-_-_-_

"Umm ... Lan Zhan, let me show you my room."

"What do you think? I know it's not as spacious as your quarter, but I can assure you I'm comfortable with it. It's my own personal space,"

"Wei Ying,"

"You don't approved?" Wei Ying timidly asked without turning around. Lan Zhan closed the distance by embracing his lover from behind, pulling him close by his waist.

"Even if your room is merely a cavern ... My love for you still the same," murmured Lan Zhan, planting kisses on Wei Ying's nape.

"I love your touch ... It's so warm." Wei Ying sighed contentedly, putting his arm around himself.

"Wei Ying,"

"So, you make this surprise visit of mine to arrange our engagement."

"I'll have to make my claims. It'll be easier to protect you."

"Just ... To protect me?" Whispered Wei Ying softly.

"I'm sure you're not that shallow, Wei Ying,"

"Ah~but it'll help to chase away my insecure," protested Wei Ying weakly as Lan Zhan nibbled on his earlobe.

"Hn," agreed Lan Zhan shortly before he unfastened Wei Ying's leather belt. "You'll have to ward the room, Wei Ying," warned Lan Zhan as he exposed the fair shoulder below him to feast on.

_-_-_-_

Flashback

"HuaiSang, I'm intrigued to know what your brother would think once he found out you've been smuggling wine into Cloud Recesses."

"Wei-xiong ... Please don't tell my brother. I beg you ... I'll do any punishment you deem necessary, as long as you keep this quiet from my brother."

"HuaiSang, it's pointless ... The entire hall was aware of what had happened. They didn't know all the details, but you should know better how rumours were. Rumours were like fire, started from a kindle that soon will burn merrily."

"But ... I didn't meant it, honestly! I was only thinking about doing something for you, Wei-xiong," cried Nie HuaiSang pitifully.

"Next time, HuaiSang," Wei WuXian looked sternly at the trembling figure of Nie HuaiSang. "It'll serve you well to think things through, if you can't afford to pay the consequence of your action."

___________________________________________

Published (31 March 2020)
991 words