Ch. 7 - Worldly Affair

I smile, remembering the many times I've heard the question. "My Wei Ying can be outrageous, do all the impossible ... Still he'll be my Wei Ying." I gently brush aside the wet fringe that covers his forehead. "He's burning up," I said urgently as I scooped up the precious bundle into my arms.

"Please excused me. I'll return to pay my respects to you,"

"Do make sure you didn't come alone,"

_ _ _ _ _ _

"Zewu-Jun, you've announced Wei WuXian had been found ... but where is he?" Jiang Cheng anxiously ask after he make sure his sister, able to walk over without difficulty.

"Clan leader Lan ... Wei WuXian is not someone that easily can be forgotten," Jin ZiXuan just started, when Lan WangJi appears with someone in his arms.

"A-Xian!" exclaimed Jiang YanLi. She's relieved but to see her brother unconscious ... worried marred her sweet and lovely expression.

"Jingshi," short and precise is the only word he utter to his brother, Lan XiChen. Swiftly, Lan WangJi stride away with the precious bundle in his arm.

"Careful, WangJi," calls Lan XiChen. "You've seen yourselves ... let leave this place. I'm sure that some of the envoys coming had already reached Cloud Recesses."

Jiang YanLi quickly walk alongside Lan. "How is he, HanGuang-Jun?"

"He's having fever," answer Lan WangJi quietly, leading the way to Jingshi.

"HanGuang-Jun ... we could bring him rest at the Jiang disciples quarter, right?" Jiang YanLi hesitantly ask, worried that Second Young Master Lan might be offended or uncomfortable.

"Jingshi is closer," said Lan WangJi without breaking or slowing his strides.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Master Lan!" Lan QiRen just turn to the right when someone was calling him.

"Clan Leader Jiang, how was your journey?" he asked curiously. Once again, the humble Clan Leader Jiang only brought a few senior disciples to accompany him.

"The weather is so nice, of course it goes well," reply Jiang FengMian positively.

"I'm glad to hear that." Lan QiRen acknowledged. He swiftly take a glance at his old friend to ensure that his proclamation is proven.

They walk quietly for a while, enjoying the beautiful scenery along the path. "Where's your nephew, Lan XiChen?" query Jiang FengMian.

"I'm sure he'll be here later. Seems he have something to attend to,"

Just as they're nearing the Ancient Hall of Celestial, Lan XiChen suddenly appeared. "Clan Leader Jiang, Uncle QiRen ... I'm sorry for being late." Lan XiChen greeted them with his welcoming smiles.

"Don't worry too much, this is not my first time visiting," reply Jiang FengMian.

"Have you seen WangJi?"

Lan XiChen smiles apologetic at his Uncle, "I don't think WangJi can join us today." Lan XiChen looking around distractingly.

"What had happened?"

"Clan Leader Jiang, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news."

"XiChen ... don't make us worry too much," admonished Lan QiRen lightly,

"Wei WuXian ... he was missing while they're having picnic near the waterfall." Lan XiChen put up his hand to hold his Uncle retort. "WangJi had found him in the Cave of Cold Spring." continue Lan XiChen, with a meaningful look to his Uncle. Seconds passed before Lan QiRen finally registered the message that his nephew subtlety sent though his look.