Ch. 5 - Amenable

I'm so sorry for the late update. Enjoy the chapter.

Cloud Recesses as usual shrouded with early morning fog. Crisp fresh air after drizzle last night accentuate the tranquillity effect.

However, today won't be so quiet or calm. Many Lan Senior disciples are seen to be moving around either delivering things or empty-handed but with purpose.

In the late morning, Clan Leaders and their small entourage will be coming to attend the meeting and later seasonal banquet. Thus, Lan Junior disciples and guest disciples are free of lessons.

Because of this rare opportunity, Nie HuaiSang and Wei WuXian had suggested for them to have a picnic near the waterfall located on the east of Cloud Recesses.

_-_-_-_-_-_

"What do you think if we have a few competition?" Suggest Wei WuXian.

"You're right, we can do archery, swimming, or maybe flying on a spiritual sword." Nie HuaiSang as usual eager to support. After deliberately letting them mulling it over, they finally agreed. Most of the female disciples had opted to be audiences, while a few braver souls trying in archery and flying on a spiritual sword.

"Jiang Cheng, let's see who can hold their breath longer first. Then we can compete who can swim fastest."

"Alright, I've just wanted to suggest that too."

"Be careful, A-Cheng and A-Xian ... Do not force yourself too much." Reminded Jiang YanLi to her brothers.

"Yes, shijie!" Reply Wei WuXian cheerfully while Jiang Cheng only nodded seriously. Others male disciples participating had taken their place in the water.

_-_-_-_-_-_

It's barely there, but Lan WangJi can pinpoint exactly where it is. It's impossible for it to be felt in Cloud Recesses ... but his brother had felt its last two weeks in Jingshi.

Lan WangJi ran out of Lanshi, ignoring the shout of his Uncle. His uncle can punish him later if he insisted. This matter is much more important to ignore.

'If there's a breach in Cloud Recesses' protection barrier, we'll be in many troubles,'

When he is nearing the destination, he saw his brother. "Xiong zhang," he calls his brother urgently.

"WangJi? Why are you rushing?"

"I've felt resentment energy,"

Lan XiChen closed his eyes to focus. "You're right ... It's not too strong but it's here," he agreed.

Lan WangJi has a really bad feeling once they were able to pinpoint from where did the resentment energy concentration come from. It all felt too familiar that he feels like déjà vu, while he knows it's impossible.

Lan XiChen stopped once he realised where they're heading. The Cold Pool Cave is behind the barrier that surrounded the mountain. It's the forbidden place that's only Lan direct descendants and their spouses able to enter.

Lan XiChen has a premonition that something big is coming their way.

_-_-_-_-_-_

Jiang YanLi waiting anxiously for her brothers to break the surface. She's aware that both her brothers had achieved quite good records, but she still feels worried over them. Even experts could befall into an accident.

Once Jiang Cheng resurfaced, Jiang YanLi breath out easier. Her relief not for long as Jiang Cheng looking around.

"Where's that brat?" ask Jiang Cheng irritably, expecting his brother to be out earlier. "I didn't see him anywhere in the water." continue Jiang Cheng as he neared the bank.

"He didn't come out, A-Cheng," the soft reply make Jiang Cheng look up at his sister. Jiang YanLi's eyes darting around them, trying to find her other brother. "Are you sure A-Xian not in the water?" asked Jiang YanLi to be sure.

"I've been searching for him since the beginning until I resurfaced ... I thought he bailed out." before Jiang Cheng dive into the water again, he heard commotion not far from his sister is standing.

"Zewu-Jun and HanGuang-Jun," greets most disciples at the same time they parted to make way. Lan XiChen takes a glance at the blankets spread out under the trees and snacks on them, immediately understood that they're having a picnic. Still, the nervous looks they're showing convinced him something else had happened.

He takes note that his younger brother much more concern in searching for the reason they arrived there. "What had happened ... You all seem anxious?" ask Lan XiChen, facing Jiang YanLi.

"Today's weather is so nice that we're having a picnic. Then, they made competition. At the beginning of the competition, A-Xian still here ... but A-Cheng said he's not in the water at all,"

"Are you sure young master Wei enter the water ... And didn't come out?" Seeing Jiang YanLi nodding her head, Lan XiChen looks around towards other disciples. "Anybody else can vouch that Wei WuXian really in the water and didn't come out?"

"We all standing along the bank and none of us sees him come out from the water." confirmed the crowd.

"WangJi --" Lan XiChen started but a splash of water and white silhouette under the water surface told him his younger brother had jumped into the water.

-----~~------~~------~~------~~------~~------~~-----

N/a - Please comments and vote.

Published (810 words)