Ch. 10 - Unrestrained

Sounds of water flow and the wind blowing engulfed the Jingshi.

_-_-_-_-_

Lan XiChen confront Lan WangJi about his forehead ribbon.

"WangJi,"

"Xiong zhang,"

"Have you ... been thinking properly?"

"About what?"

"On the day Young Master Wei was brought to the Jingshi, I found your forehead ribbon around his wrist." Lan XiChen trying to get a read out of his younger brother's body expression, but only his eyes shifting to the sides as if avoiding or he's searching for something.

"Do you know why I found him in the Cave of Cold Spring?" Asked Lan WangJi. Lan XiChen shaking his head negatively wondering where this conversation will lead him.

"There's disturbance on the seal that protects the mountain, caused by the sealed yin metal. The seal tried to lure a Lan descendant." Revealed Lan WangJi, as he watch the clouds passing.

"You know ... about yin metal?"

"Hmm,"

"There's no Lan descendant at the picnic that day ... " Said Lan XiChen. Lan WangJi turns to look at his brother.

"There's no Lan, but there's Wei WuXian. He didn't realize it ... yet, but he's also a Lan."

"What did you do, WangJi?"

"Married ... to Wei Ying."

"When ... Why I didn't know?"

"You know ... of course you've known. You were there ... Uncle too."

"When did you married?"

"I was married when I was 37 years old,  that means 20 years later." Lan WangJi casually mentioned as if he's commenting on the weather.

"How old are you, now?" asked Lan XiChen alarmed.

"I'm 42 ... in a 17 years old body." Lan WangJi let a tiny smirks bloom on his face.

Lan XiChen's face lost its colour. He staggered, his eyes unfocused and he feels lightheaded. Lan WangJi reached out to steady his brother.

"Am I dreaming ...?"

"Maybe it's too soon to part such information to you, xiong zhang," comments Lan WangJi nonchalantly.

"This is not a dream?"

"It's as real as it can be,"

"You're ... 42?"

"I am mentally 42, in 17 years old body."

"Did ... you said married?"

"Yes, to Wei Ying, courtesy name Wei WuXian."

"I have a brother in law ... " Lan XiChen whispers to himself.

"Yes, please be good to him,"

_-_-_-_-_

When Lan XiChen and Master Lan QiRen had came to visit, the zither had started vibrates. The zither still vibrates, each notes disconnected like a small child just plucking each string to try to listen to it sounds.

    Lan XiChen exchange glances with his uncle, Lan QiRen. Only one person calmly approaches his zither, WangJi and start strumming 'Inquiry'.

    "Who are you?" Translate Lan XiChen quietly as he indicates to them to sit down. He have a feeling this will take a long time to settle. Obviously, they all take their places quite far from where the two zithers were situated.

    "What happened to you?" Lan XiChen translate as he narrowed his eyes, listening to the self vibrates zither. "Unknown,"

    "What does the soul want?" interject Lan QiRen, but Lan WangJi is unmoving. Everyone focused on his movements, so when his eyes widened and he flipped to glance at Wei WuXian's prone body on the bed, everyone feel dread and numb.

    "WangJi?" Whispers Lan XiChen worriedly. It's rare for his younger brother to react strongly while he is   in inquiry session. His brother plucked several notes determinedly.

     "Do I know you?" Lan XiChen translates. After a few minutes the other zither vibrates. "Heart, body and... Soul,"

    "Who is it?" Jiang FengMian look at Lan XiChen, well aware that he's more closer to the younger Lan. Lan XiChen shakes his head didn't know even when he have a feeling he know the answer.

     " Wei WuXian?" hoarse whispers escaped from the younger Lan. Jiang YanLi let out a soft gasp. Jiang Cheng face turns white. A few notes vibrates, Lan WangJi's jade visage melting. Anxious and longing are prominent.

     A series of notes echoing, "Guide me,"

     "hat happened to you?" Asked Lan WangJi anguish is clear in his voice.

    "Play me," translate Lan XiChen again, patiently. A serious look covers his face, trying to assuage the emotions playing on his brother's face. " WangXian (无羁 )"

    "What is going on?" whisper Jiang Cheng feeling restless. He never good at music and trying to read the situation.

    "This is not the right time to be playing prank on me,"

    "He's untainted ...,"

    "Wait ... Are we talking to the same soul ...  of Wei WuXian?" Lan QiRen take a step closer to Lan WangJi.

    "Yes," gritted the young man.

    "While body untainted, the soul ..."

    "Brother, don't listen to the soul's nonsense," hissed Lan WangJi as he gripped tightly on Bichen.

    A string of melody cut off by a note from Lan WangJi. His face is like thunder, as he stare angrily at the zither opposite of him.

"Wei Ying!"

"The light bearer ... stay away,"

"Whoever you are ... return him to me,"

"Why?"

"I'm missing him, he's the air that I breath, he's the world that I'm living in ... because he's the one that I love with all my heart, he's the one I call with every breath and he's the one I yearn to life with in this world.
__________________________________
A/n - so sorry that I've taken a long time to update... Vote if you like this chapter and comment if you have the time ☺️