Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Friends?

There, I stilled for a few seconds before I was in my right mind.

'AAAAAAAAAAHHH! I can't believe I got to see small Horikita! What a dream comes true! Bless my lucky ass!' I squealed like a fangirl. Yes, a fangirl not fanboy even though I'm a boy.

Wait. Now I'm curious how a fanboy acts like.

(A/N: Author-sama too!)

I took a step towards Horikita and was ready to express my happiness.

When I was in front of her, I greeted her.

"Hello!" With a crisp sound.

Horikita turned her attention to me from the playground as she stopped her moving legs.

Her eyes went up and down before replying, "Hello." She said with a low tone.

"Do you want to play together?" 

She was quiet. I tilted my head a bit and saw her gaze seem to be pointing towards a boy who's outer appearance seems to be the same as her.

"Wait here," she said.

Horikita walked over to him quickly while I waited here at the same spot.

As I wait for her answer, I played with my little hands.

Horikita point of view

I was playing around the playground by myself until a boy of the same height as I talked towards me.

 The boy was adorable and plump, and I admit that I wanted to ruffle the fluffy hair. But his stares were like he knows me very well and excessively admiration made me uncomfortable.

I answered him with a hello and he instantly asked if I want to play together with him. 

Even though I wanted to say yes, but thinking logically, no one would have such look in their eyes for the first time they meet someone new. In addition, everyone I know always felt envious and hate me because of my intellectual comprehension.

His behaviour was suspicious so I shut my mouth and thought for a bit. 

'What if he's someone who wanted to lure me and kidnap me?! I always heard or read it in the books/news that kidnapper sometimes uses children to kidnap other children.' I felt very sure my assumption was correct and looked towards my brother who was sitting on the bench, reading a book.

I thought again and realized my idea was baseless and stupid. I contemplated but I still wanted my brother to accompany me. Just in case.

I told him to wait here as I strode to my brother's location.

When I was in front of him, he lifted his head as he heard my footsteps coming over.

His eyes seem to be asking why I'm here.

I gulped and told him about it. 

"Aniki, I got invited by that kid over there to play but I'm worried whether I should accept it. Can you come along?" I asked hoping he would agree.

Unexpectedly, he really did agree although he set up a condition.

"Sure, but when we went home you will have to complete the entire set of questions in the revision exercise book." He said and stood up from the bench.

I nodded. It's not a problem. The questions were relatively easy anyway.

He walked behind me as I stepped myself towards the boy.