Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Shopping 

As readers could see from the title above, a few days before, my father told us a family that we were going to a banquet hosted by one of the investors of our company. 

And it's important because my father heard from his informant that the investor will be announcing something rather important at the banquet.

Father decided to bring all of us because this is the first time as a family to go to a formal dinner after the accident at the 'white room'.

Mother agreed because it's been so long since she had gone to another formal dinner party as the wife of the head of the Toshiro household.

Mother only went to celebratory dinner as a scientist/professor when they were succeeded in completing the experiment before.

She only went to a business party a handful of times.

You could even count it using the fingers.

Back to the relevant topic of the chapter.

Father took this chance to also introduce me to the outside world, or rather, the business world.

This investor father has been talking about was someone who had a large piece of shares in the company and had several connections with the politicians in Japan and overseas.

Even if I wanted to voice my disagreement, my father did not listen at all and I had to comply with his wishes.

So, my mother thought of an idea to go on shopping at the mall this weekend with me.

__________

I was lazying around as usual and this was no surprise for the servants in the household because it's been 4 months since the shut-in Second Young Master behaviour changed.

My body was lying lifelessly on the fluffy carpet but my mind was in mess right now.

Just 5 days ago, my father released the shocking news about going out to a banquet. 

Just that could make my calm self threw outside the window and got sleepless night only thinking about how much time will be wasted, energy and reasoning if I go there.

The next day, Mother unexpectedly went home early and dragged me out of the comfy house and went to the shopping mall center.

The purpose?

Mother said that we need to prepare for the formal dinner party.

We stopped at different clothing, accessories, and shoe shops.

From the casual to formal outfits, she picked them all and forced me to try everything from the nook of the store.

I can't count how many times I had changed my clothing and went inside the changing room.

That, I could still tolerate but letting me carrying the things she bought?

Oh man, where had my luck gone to.

(Luck: I had no idea what you're talking about. All this time I had helped you to meet your favourite characters but you blame me for this? I'm on a vacation. Can't you tell from the sign I hang on the door?)

(Juniel: Sorry.)

I asked Mother why we didn't bring brother together with us and she answered with, "He's too busy and not cute anymore. He's not perfect for my aesthetic."

My eyes blinked a few times not understanding what the hell my mother was talking about.

'Brother has the perfect body structure and the striking face but you tell me that he does not fit your taste?' I rumbled in my head but my outer expression was blank.